Diesel Place banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it works. Not exactly the same as '01-'05, but similiar. I gave +12v to Pins 8 & 60 on the C1 connector. Heres how it works:

Base Idle: 700 rpm
+12v to both pins: 850 rpm
+12v & "set" button: 1250 rpm
+12v & "accel" button: 1750 rpm

Applying the brake will cancel all functions at any time and they only work in Park or Nuetral. Applying the gas will increase the rpms but not cancel the function. If you take +12v away at any time you lose all functions as well. Any questions, post up. :cool:

Legal Stuff: The preceding information were only facts from my scenario and I am in no way responsible for other peoples interpretation and/or work. Try this at your own risk.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I figured it should work with both pins hooked up I just never got around to it. I still don't really see a big need for it for the average person but at least they have the option.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
dantheman;1556924; said:
Well it works. Not exactly the same as '01-'05, but similiar. I gave +12v to Pins 8 & 60 on the C1 connector. Heres how it works:

Base Idle: 700 rpm
+12v to both pins: 850 rpm
+12v & "set" button: 1250 rpm
+12v & "accel" button: 1750 rpm

Applying the brake will cancel all functions at any time and they only work in Park or Nuetral. Applying the gas will increase the rpms but not cancel the function. If you take +12v away at any time you lose all functions as well. Any questions, post up. :cool:

Legal Stuff: The preceding information were only facts from my scenario and I am in no way responsible for other peoples interpretation and/or work. Try this at your own risk.
What is the part number for the pins?

Did you run wires to the ECM separately or did you use the plug behind the "air bag disable switch" as mentioned in the the other thread? What did you use for a switch?

Did you have to reprogram the ECM?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RayMich said:
What is the part number for the pins?

Did you run wires to the ECM separately or did you use the plug behind the "air bag disable switch" as mentioned in the the other thread? What did you use for a switch?

Did you have to reprogram the ECM?
(1) There are tray & terminal #'s for the pins: Tray 19, Terminal 1928498135

When you go to the dealer and tell them what you are trying to do, they'll look at you kinda crazy, so just tell them you need some ecm pins in the appropriate tray and they should be able to find them. They guy helping me brought out the entire tray for me to look at. There isn't a price on the pins b/c they are a service item, not a resale item. My guy charged me 50 cents each.

(2) All i did was run one hot wire from a +12v to a switch, then on to the two pins at the ecm connector. I used a spare switch i had pre-wired in my overhead gauge cluster.

(3) No reprograming was necessary in my case.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Will this work on the LBZ??

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
This is for the LBZ

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
So is there nothing in Pins 8 & 60 on the C1 connector and which one is the C1?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dozerboy said:
So is there nothing in Pins 8 & 60 on the C1 connector and which one is the C1?
Correct, the pins are not there on the harness side. There are just gaps where the pins fit in. The C1 connector is the bigger one of the two that are going to the computer right by the drivers side battery. I dont think the other connector has 60 pins, i think thats how i figured which one was the correct connector. :D

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Good point):h

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Anyone have pics of the connector and its location? Where is a good source to grab the 12v from?
ac

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
White Duramax said:
Not trying to take anything away, but whats wrong with the factory high idle?
Nothing is wrong with the factory high idle, but it only works in certain scenarios. i.e: when its really cold outside. I have the ability to bump my idle up whenever, whatever the situation might be. In the near future, i plan on mounting an engine driven compressor, so this will help me immensely b/c a york compressor puts out good cfm @ 1250 or 1750 rpms. :cool:

avc8130 said:
Anyone have pics of the connector and its location? Where is a good source to grab the 12v from?
I can get a pic of mine if you like. I grabbed 12v from somewhere around the fuse panel inside the truck. I forget exactly where, but around there somewhere. :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am not familiar with mod to previous models, can someone post more details? Like is there a switch to mount? where the connectors are, how to attach to them?

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Will this work on 2007.5 lmm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would like to know this as well! Sounds like a great mod for my LMM, if it'll work!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts