Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbe here so please bear with me. I have a 06 LLY. Diablo Sport, Edge, PPE, Van Aaken, AFE, ATS, Auto Meter, Hypertech, Banks, Bully Dog all assure me that there performance for the 06 LLY is going to be the best ever. Has anyone used any of them, and are there any sujestions. Also I am installing 4 in exhaust. Is is best to go from turbo back or cat back.
Thanks
the newbe:ro)

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
You could be waiting a long time for some of those. I bet some are a year off or more.
Since when does auto meter sell performance tune?

Unfortunately the best ones will most likely be the last ones to come out. They are the ones that do the most R&D.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I Agree....

You could be waiting a long time for some of those. I bet some are a year off or more.
Since when does auto meter sell performance tune?

Unfortunately the best ones will most likely be the last ones to come out. They are the ones that do the most R&D.
Hey,

I agree. Infact I would wait it out for a bit on the programmers because the ones who do the most R & D will be the ones that are worth waiting for!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
As of right now- your choices are the Bully Dog or the Duramaximizer. I have the Bully Dog Power Pup and it is great. They were first to market with 06 chevy tuners. The Duramaximizer increases fuel rail pressure to make extra power, which isnt good. But the other guys arent expected to put something out for 2-5 months from now. The Pup also allows for increasing the speed limiter and also allows for adjusting for different size tires.
As of right now the BD is about the only choice.

And it works great for me, it hasnt thrown any codes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i got the PPE duramaximizer and i feel that i wasted 700 dollars on crap, that chip has limped my tranny three times since i had it... dont go with PPE unless you have a tranny upgrade.. aim going with bullydog iam going order one right now.. i like the way they feel and the power it gives the truck

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
But even with the BullyDog, don't go above "Performance" without upgrading the tranny.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hey Smokestack How bout a signature upgrade while you are wait on your tune upgrade for you truck.
It helps us help you

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i got the PPE duramaximizer and i feel that i wasted 700 dollars on crap, that chip has limped my tranny three times since i had it... dont go with PPE unless you have a tranny upgrade.. aim going with bullydog iam going order one right now.. i like the way they feel and the power it gives the truck
Hey can you elaborate on how you limped your tranny and what happened? I have heard of this although I havn't had this happen (that im aware of).

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts