Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about buying a 2006 duramax with a manual transmission. I am just fond of driving a truck with a stick. I was wondering if anyone else has one and how well they like it so far.

·
Registered
263 Posts
check out this thread:

ZF-6 gear ratios

and also the one in the Allison OEM forum about "Anyone else hate the way these trannys feel?"

·
Registered
122 Posts
I purchased my truck alittle over 2 months ago.The truck has been great for me so far.All i can say is buy it and enjoy it.

Fred

·
Registered
722 Posts
go for it!!!!
check out the ZF-6 sections every one there loves theres i have no dought mine will be jsut a good

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for all your input. I do actually hate the way an automatic feels in these trucks. It just doesnt feel as solid to me. I do wish they didn't have a dm flywheel though. But you can never get everything you want.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Agreed Partsguy,thats why i have the cars in my sig. to take care of the racing need.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I pick up mine tomorrow (trading in my '99 Ford pstroke 6sp zf 4x4 lariet). The anoying thing about the Chevy is that I had to go the aftermarket to get leather (also getting heated and ventilated though). Also, can not get electronic shift 4x4. But the rest I like, that's why I'm going with Chevy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Where did you find a truck with a stick?? I did a 250 miles radius for a truck with a manual tranny and found zero.

Dealers around here won't even order one without making an outrageous deposit on it.

Get one now, probably won't be available in 2007.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yep, none around here either. Only saw 2 LLY/ZFs online when I was looking for my 5-spd; one in Kentucky and one in Missouri. If you search in TN, KY, NC and VA you will usually find the most manual equipped trucks on dealer lots.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I pick up mine tomorrow (trading in my '99 Ford pstroke 6sp zf 4x4 lariet). The anoying thing about the Chevy is that I had to go the aftermarket to get leather (also getting heated and ventilated though). Also, can not get electronic shift 4x4. But the rest I like, that's why I'm going with Chevy.
Pics of the seats are required!

No regrets, here. It's fun-to-drive qualities are keeping my need for more power in check... For now. 3500 miles to date, and no funny flywheel noises - longer than I though I would make it.

Order one up!

Ty

Mods may want to move this to the ZF forum...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts