Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this interface unit for adding my Ipod to my new truck. Instructions are great and straight forward. Today I removed the bezel and removed the screws for the radio to pull it out so I could add the new wire harness and thats the problem. I could only remove the radio a few inches due to the wiring under dash. Anyone know how I can get to the harness? What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Seemike;1583439; said:
So I bought this interface unit for adding my Ipod to my new truck. Instructions are great and straight forward. Today I removed the bezel and removed the screws for the radio to pull it out so I could add the new wire harness and thats the problem. I could only remove the radio a few inches due to the wiring under dash. Anyone know how I can get to the harness? What am I missing?
Whe I pulled mine the first time I had the same prob. I pulled the screws out of the a/c controller and removed it so I could reach up under radio and found it was the antenna lead too short. I just pulled radio out. I then traced the antenne lead into the dash and re routed it and got some more slack for future r and r. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I just gave mine a good yank and it came right out. It is the foam surround on the antenna wire getting caught on the plastic piece on the dash

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey that worked great. Yep, it was the foam on the antenna cable. Radio harness had plenty of slack. So not sure if you have this option but I need to also find the XM radio controller and splice into it. Any idea where this thing lives??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seemike;1583577; said:
Hey that worked great. Yep, it was the foam on the antenna cable. Radio harness had plenty of slack. So not sure if you have this option but I need to also find the XM radio controller and splice into it. Any idea where this thing lives??
It is behind the glove box.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Here's a pic from my 04.5. Should be the same in the 06. The box at the top of the picture is the Onstar box, the one in the lower right corner of the pic is the XM.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So....What about the interface for the Ipod? Work OK? Install as indiacted? Blah Blah???? I am thinking about adding the DVD interface from US Spec so I was curious how your install went.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help ! I'll be completing the install today now that I know where stuff is. The USA Spec IPOD kit looks good, great manual & instructions and professional looking wire harnesses. Theres some real good reviews on the Crutchfield site. I'll comment on the finished install tonite (I hope)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, all hooked up and the Ipod works great thru the factory stereo. If you are familiar with this USA Spec unit and the XM radio connection, I need your help, I tied in the adapter XM connector to the Data line of the XM unit but the XM is not available on the radio when I switch thru the bands. I know its connected properly but wondered if maybe I popped a fuze?? Anyone know where the fize is for the XM unit? Can't seem to find in the manual?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts