Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I never had this problem before, but I drove my truck to school this morning it was fine, it was about 22deg out, then I parked my truck at school for about 3hrs it was then 17deg out. not the coldest day of the yr, we've had worse. I leave to get on the highway and the truck was running high RPM's like it didnt want to shift, then as I drove it a little more the upshifts got a little better, but whenever I let off the accelerator, it felt as if it was in TOW/HAUL mode, I hit the switch a few times just to see, but that didnt seem to do anything. As I drove the truck more and more today, it has done the same thing, it will take long to upshift and really deccelerate hard. I never had a problem like this before and this is my second winter with this truck. Anyone have any suggestions or had the same problem??
THanks for the help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Transmission will change to higher RPM shifting if the engine is cold. It's all part of the "heater performance mode".

I'd rather be a bit chilly than listen to my cold LBZ rev higher than it needs to!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
low traction mode

I see an option about low traction which the transmission will apply lower torque to the rear wheels if the slip. Does the 5 Speed ally have this option? If so do have to select 2WD again if already engaged to activate or I'm I smoking something??

Good stuff..:D

Who let the cold in? Burr. Burr Burr...

lfosbri

1 - 4 of 4 Posts