Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help. 2005 LT LLY. Service 4wd on DIC. Switch (not auto 4wd) functions normal, only get message when attempting to engage 4wd. Neither hi or low range work. Switch flashes, nothing happens, get service 4wd message. Cleaned grounds, checked fuse-good, axle actuator, didn't extend, had new spare, replaced, no change didn't extend. Disconnected batteries for 5 min to clear module, no luck. Is there anything else to check/try outside of t-case motor? Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
17,759 Posts
Need some help. 2005 LT LLY. Service 4wd on DIC. Switch (not auto 4wd) functions normal, only get message when attempting to engage 4wd. Neither hi or low range work. Switch flashes, nothing happens, get service 4wd message. Cleaned grounds, checked fuse-good, axle actuator, didn't extend, had new spare, replaced, no change didn't extend. Disconnected batteries for 5 min to clear module, no luck. Is there anything else to check/try outside of t-case motor? Thanks in advance!
Did you verify voltage to the Actuator?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Some of the switches themselves had cracked cold solder connections. My next step would be to pull the switch and resolder it. Get some desoldering braid and clean the old stuff off then reflow some good solder. Plenty of good Youtube video's on the technique

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you verify voltage to the Actuator?
I didn't...Will check.
Some of the switches themselves had cracked cold solder connections. My next step would be to pull the switch and resolder it. Get some desoldering braid and clean the old stuff off then reflow some good solder. Plenty of good Youtube video's on the technique
I thought it was only the auto 4wd switches and when that was the issue the switch lights would go on and off. Could be wrong.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The ones I repaired were on the non auto switches, never saw the issue with the lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts