Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Chevrolet Silverado will offer bolder front-end styling with larger headlights and taller hood profiles. The new Silverado, scheduled for a 2005 introduction, is critical to GM, which, of course, wants to keep sales away from the new Ford and the brand-new Nissan Titan.

GM will roll out hybrid powertrain versions of its full-size pickups and SUVs, along with displacement-on-demand V-8s.

I heard a rumour that they will look like the vans.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I really hope they don't look like those ugly ass vans
. They need a bold, tough looking truck. Something like the '01-'02HD models. They say "Get outta my way!"

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hoot, Where'd you see this press release???

They won't look anything like the vans....

Edited by: hoot

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nassdmax said:
Hoot, Where'd you see this press release???

They won't look anything like the vans....
Ahhhhhh,

Got a taker

Tell us more

I picked that up from a search where someone supposedly in the know hinted about the van look. Wouldn't surprise me. Look what they've done so far. Some screwed up styling engineers doing the pickups and going with the van look would be par for the course.

We're only talking about the front end styling of course. They'll figue out a way to cut tooling costs by using all the parts they can from the van. Just like they did with the Silverado using the Avalanche.Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
349 Posts
From Popular Mechanics?

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/spy_reports/2003/1/detroit_spy_report/print.phtml

2005 Chevrolet Silverado
Since the second-best selling vehicle behind Ford's F-Series is GM's Silverado, you can bet that the folks at GM are busily working on a completely new design for their full-size pickup truck. Like the F-150, the new Chevrolet Silverado will offer bolder front-end styling with larger headlights and taller hood profiles. The new Silverado, scheduled for a 2005 introduction, is critical to GM, which, of course, wants to keep sales away from the new Ford and the brand-new Nissan Titan.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Same question I posted about a month ago:

Is this 2005 Roll-out for the 1500 series only or for the entire truck line?

·
Registered
386 Posts
If I hear that F**d is the number one selling truck in the US again I think Im' Gonna puke.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Toyota overtook Ford in total car/truck sales, so Ford may be feeling ill, too.

---------------------------

The Associated Press
TOKYO -- Toyota Motor Corp. outsold Ford Motor Co. last year to become the world's No. 2 automaker behind General Motors Corp., preliminary sales data released by the Japanese company showed Friday.

A Toyota spokesman said estimated unit sales for 2003 reached 6.78 million vehicles, up 9.9 percent from 6.17 million the previous year.

On Thursday, Ford reported its 2003 sales slipped to 6.72 million vehicles, down 3.6 percent from 6.97 million.

Toyota spokesman Shinya Matsumoto characterized his company's sales as an "indicator" of rising customer satisfaction, but played down the comparison with Ford.

Sales figures don't include vehicles sold by affiliates in which an automaker holds a stake of less than 50 percent, Matsumoto said.

Adding sales by Mazda Motor Corp. -- which is 33 percent owned by Ford -- to the total of the Dearborn, Mich.-based automaker would make it larger than Toyota, he said. Mazda sold 1.02 million vehicles in its most recent fiscal year.

Toyota's sales results include those for truck and bus-maker Hino Motors and Daihatsu Motor Co. Toyota owns 51.1 percent of Daihatsu and 50.1 percent of Hino.

GM, the world's largest automaker, sold 8.60 million vehicles last year.

Though Japan's economy remains stuck in a decade-old slump, Toyota is coming off record earnings on strong export sales.

Toyota's American arm said its 2003 sales rose 6.3 percent to more than 1.8 million vehicles -- the company's best performance in its 46-year history.

For the second year in a row and the sixth time in the past seven years, Toyota's Camry was America's best-selling car.

Group profits at Toyota were $8.83 billion for the fiscal year ended in March 2003.

·
Banned
735 Posts
Redapple said:
If I hear that F**d is the number one selling truck in the US again I think Im' Gonna puke.

That is Furd compared to chevy or furd compared to GMC. but Furd compared to the General it is no contest.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've seen it! (don't ask me how) There isn't much difference in the '05. The grill is taller (with some subtle styling differences) and they're adding a bulge hood. The fenders (I believe) are the same. Unfortunately the hood cannot be fitted onto a pre-05 with using the grill too. I was already prepped to swap the hood out on my '04.

Now if it's only HD specific, I don't know.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
turboburge said:
I've seen it! (don't ask me how) There isn't much difference in the '05. The grill is taller (with some subtle styling differences) and they're adding a bulge hood. The fenders (I believe) are the same. Unfortunately the hood cannot be fitted onto a pre-05 with using the grill too. I was already prepped to swap the hood out on my '04.

Now if it's only HD specific, I don't know.
Thanks! That's the kind of stuff we're looking for.

Now if you could only slip out a pic or two.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well a hood change is not going to win Chevy Trucks any awards, but it will be something different to look at. What Chevy really needs to do is get the next generation silverado platform tweaked to perfection so they can compete with the new Furd F150's and there new Superduty trucks that are supposed to recvieve some updates. Time for Chevy to raise the bar and not just meet it. It is pretty much a for sure thing that when any truck manufactuer releases a completely new platform it will win awards, but that does not always make it the best. You need to win because you have a quality product not just the next new thing.....

I would love to see pics of the 05' for sure though. Hopefully there will be more of a difference between the light duties and the HD's..
Edited by: Chevyfreek

·
Registered
687 Posts
Just think 01-02 bulged Chevy hood on the 03-04 Chevy front lines. HD only would make the best sense. Let's make ourselves actually stand out from the crowd!!!

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Maybe they'll lean toward the FINE looking GMCs

Then I won't be hiding my Chevy front end everywhere I go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts