Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my truck software up dated today....It added the fuel filter change info and fixed the turbo bark as well as the memory seat creep.(not me, the seat position). It also lowered the intensity on the High Beam indicator light. If you are around the Rochester-Brockport area I would recommend Spurr Chevy and ask for David Ahlstrom. He is a sharp tech, great attitude and knows how to use the test equipment.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Got mine re-flashed yesterday, and seems to run great, and love the fuel filter info... and my seat hold memory again.... woo hoo....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Had mine reflashed and totally forgot to tell them about the seat! So you say the new flash fixes it? Or do you have to tell them about it to get that update?

Nice Avitar (however you spell it). V-Rod? and nice chickie too...!:ro)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They definitely have to flash all the modules separately just like Mr. Bowtiemax says. Maybe you gota tech that checked out everything to see what updates you didn't have. Probably not but maybe. Don't tell them you want a reflash, tell them your seat doesn't keep the right position in memory. They weren't going to do mine until I told them that I was having problems.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is there a list of the available reflashes and the issues that each reflash addresses?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can go to tis2web.service.gm.com and put in your vin# and find the problems and fixes.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Do these flashes also set the power extender mirrors to the memory as well?

memory seats = memory mirrors?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know..

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
668 Posts
How do you read the info on the calibrations when you put in your vin and look at a certain modules. I put in my vin selected the module I wanted to look at and then it gives me information. Not sure what I am looking at or how to understand it. I took my vehicle in on friday for the low rpm surge and the service writer says I have all the lastest on my truck. If I am reading it right I need new re- flashes on different modules. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is great and very handy site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can't make heads or tails of what I find on the GM Vehicle Calibration Information website. It is way too technical for me. I was hoping to find a resource that would tell me what to "complain" about for each reflash so I can get the latest.

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Took my 05 Silverado LLY in for the turbo bark today... dumb-A** service write knew nothing about "turbo bite" and tech knew even less. "Could not duplicate problem". Well, duh, I told them it only does it loaded and pulling hard, such as passing or long hills, immediately upon letting off the pedal. Would be hard to duplicate unless you have a dyno.. Not too pleased with the General's service dept right now. :mad: You would think that GM would want to take the short amount of time to reflash all controllers on a vehicle when it is in the shop, in order to cut down on future warranty costs, by preventing the problems the software was designed for.

Noleveyor, I described the problem to these idjits exactly as it happens, and even used GM's buzz word "intake pop." I really don't know what it takes unless you want to print the bulletins and rub their noses in it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I went in to the service writer I asked him for a reflash to bring my soft ware up to date. He was/is a ****y little guy with a little attitude and he informed me that they don't just do reflashes unless there is a problem. I told him that I had an intake pop, low speed surge and seat creep and it needed to have the fuel filter change warning added and that I knew there were software fixes for them but if he would like I would take it to another dealer. He got real nice and had a tech with a great attitude take care of it.
I later found out that the service writer's friend had just had a cerebral hemmorage and I think that is why he was a little short with me at first. I guess you just have to complain about the problem rather than actually ask for a reflash....

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
MAN! that just seems backwards. Wouldn't you think they would rather us, not make a complaint about their product?

Just seems to me that they would rather update and keep us $40-50K truck owners and buyers happy, than make us create problems. JMO. I mean how much does it cost to do the updates?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts