Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took truck for short ride,, came back, turned off the truck,, and the ac wouldnt stop running,,, at least i think it was, can still hear and feel blowing,,
i disconnected batteries, thinking that would reset, but as soon as you put power back, it starts back up,,

any thoughts on this,, never had this happen in any car,,,

i just left it un hooked till i can get some thoughts,

thanks for any ideas,,
sincerley
kim

·
Premium Member
17,905 Posts
The blower control module has failed internally.

·
Registered
02 2500HD LB7
94 Posts
Blower motor resistor shorted out, its down by the motor in the airstream. It controls the blower speeds and they are known to fail.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
took truck for short ride,, came back, turned off the truck,, and the ac wouldnt stop running,,, at least i think it was, can still hear and feel blowing,,
i disconnected batteries, thinking that would reset, but as soon as you put power back, it starts back up,,

any thoughts on this,, never had this happen in any car,,,

i just left it un hooked till i can get some thoughts,

thanks for any ideas,,
sincerley
kim
Blower motor resistor shorted out, its down by the motor in the airstream. It controls the blower speeds and they are known to fail.
hi,, thanks to the both of you, i looked it up on you tube,, looks like a pretty strait forward repair,,,,
as always thanks for the accurate assessment ,,,,,truck has 422,500 miles, and with help from this forum, i can keep her going with out going to the shop,,,,thanks again

·
Registered
02 2500HD LB7
94 Posts
Check all the wiring to it before you start the job. My friends 05 melted the ground wire on the side not being replaced when his went, just make sure you don't need any additional parts before ripping it apart.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do....thanks

·
Registered
2005 Silverado 3500 duramax lly
9 Posts
The same thing happened to my 2005. The first thing I did was pull the fuse from the box under the hood. Then I found that there was a plug at the relay under the glove box. I just unplug the plug when I needed to turn it off. The wires around that plug under the glove box get unusually and dangerously hot. That concerns me.

·
Registered
02 2500HD LB7
94 Posts
The same thing happened to my 2005. The first thing I did was pull the fuse from the box under the hood. Then I found that there was a plug at the relay under the glove box. I just unplug the plug when I needed to turn it off. The wires around that plug under the glove box get unusually and dangerously hot. That concerns me.
What you are unplugging is the blower motor resistor mentioned, there is a heat sink attached to it inside the heater box. If its shorting its going to get excessively hot, should replace it before it melts the wiring & plug if it hasn't already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts