Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the "Spy Report" section of this month's issue of Popular Mechanics there is a picture and some info on the new 2005 GMC truck. Personally I think the designers are trying to resemble the Dodge truck front too much, and it doesn't look pretty. Maybe in person it looks better. Some of the technical changes are interesting with a lot more computer control on the engine to improve fuel economy.

·
Registered
320 Posts
So Cracker Jack, scan the picture for those of us that don't have The mag and post it .........

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure I am breaking copywrite laws, but here is the copy...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Glad I got mine when I did, it does sorta look like that they are trying to hard to copy the Dodge. If I wanted a truck that looks like a Dodge I would have bought a Dodge. Of course the Duramax is why I bought mine so the Dodge was never in the running...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey Cracker Jack, I forgot to thank you for posting the picture so fast.......Again Thanks

·
Registered
909 Posts
It took a few years longer, but looks like GM will finally make the GMC fugly too!

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Accoriding the article that is a 2006 not a 2006.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I think it's a 2005, just the picture is a little fuzzy

DanEdited by: StraitDiesel

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The picture is of the 2006 model, which will arrive in the fall of 2005.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
All the fancy motor stuff in on the gassers

All they have to do is put the new Allison in the Dmax and turn up the wick to 400HP/750TQ.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm sure they will turn it up more like you said Dmax Tim. My friend told me that he heard that in 2006 Ford is going to have a 425hp Powerstroke. I dont know for sure but It's all a big competition.

·
Registered
228 Posts
425 H.P. powerstroke? sure that's not rear wheel torque? I can see it now on insurance....sports car and diesels are an automatic 20% hike. I remember when I was a junior in high school in 99 a friend's dad bought him a slightly used 98 powerstroke. He was so fumed he didn't get his mustang cobra....that truck is now running mid 13's eating most cobras in sight

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
425HP powerjoke is probably on ford's own dyno, everywhere else after the pcm reflashes will be in the 260 RWHP range.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
That's what my friend said, I havent looked it up yet. I'm sure it won't happen because the powerstroke is to it's limits anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts