Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a look at the changes for the 2005 2500 HD trucks.

The Chevrolet has the same front end, but has a "Power Bulge" In the hood like the 01-02 did.

Not sure, but I don't think they will be changing the GMC front end or hood.

Option for a factory installed Power Moonroof. It was an Extended cab truck. It looked very nice! I couldn't see any other changes on the inside.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pictures, I just caught a look at one. Don't want anyone to get in trouble over it though. Just keep this on the down low, just between us GM Junkies.

·
Registered
162 Posts
At least it is a change for the HD's to make them stand out a little from the other Silverado's. A power moonroof would be a nice option as well. You don't really see those in a FS pickup. I would like to see what they look like for sure.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I love the moonroof in my F350. I will miss it with the 2500HD that I am looking to get, but GM is a little too late with that option for me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Does it appear the hood will fit the 2004? Edited by: SonnyBear

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I heard about the hood as well. Would like to see pics for sure. I liked it when the '01-02's stood out above the 1/2 tons.

·
Registered
457 Posts
LLY DMAX said:
I got a look at the changes for the 2005 2500 HD trucks.

The Chevrolet has the same front end, but has a "Power Bulge" In the hood like the 01-02 did.

Not sure, but I don't think they will be changing the GMC front end or hood.

Option for a factory installed Power Moonroof. It was an Extended cab truck. It looked very nice! I couldn't see any other changes on the inside.
I hope they keep the GMC just the way it is. Do you remember if the truck had bench or bucket seats w/ the moonroof? Unfortunately I don't think GM will offer the moonroof w/ bench seats which means I would have to go aftermarket $$$. Oh yeah...don't forget the new Allison tranny which is suppose to be beefier than the updated '04 trannies.Edited by: y2kboti

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it "Looks" like the new hood may fit an 04.

I agree about the GMC I think it would be hard to improve on how it looks right now.

I'm pretty sure it had the console with buckets.

No idea on the Transmission.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Yea the CHEVY needs all the help it can get for looks, GMCs look GREAT.

The wife's H2 has buckets w/ power moon roof.

I'm going to order me a GMC next week.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
511 Posts
You can have a moonroof from ASC for about $1100 and it will be bigger than the one in the Ford

·
Registered
239 Posts
<font color="blue">If the info on the 2005's is still secret how soon till we can see GMC pics. Are there any mags that show sneak peeks of the partially covered GMC's?
</font>

·
Registered
170 Posts
Man, this kills a guy. Has his truck for 5 months and the new stuff is already coming down the pipeline. That's the way it goes. I would like to see the '05 fittin' my truck, although I don't know if I would actually go through with switching. Also, wish I could have a moon roof, but if it is only available with the buckets/console, wouldn't help me out any. Gotta have the bench. What's this about the tranny? A new one coming too?

Bob

·
Registered
38 Posts
SonnyBear said:
Does it appear the hood will fit the 2004?

The hood will fit an '04 but the new grill is taller so it will need to be swapped also.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Somewhere I read that all Gas V-8's will go to aluminum blocks? Anyone hear anything like this?

Sounds believeable. Read it somewhere while researching my new '04.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts