Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the newer style heads with eaiser access to the injectors fit on the 2003 and earlier Dmax's? Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
432 Posts
Great question and could be the ultimate solution.....How about it?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two possible solutions to the injector issue as I see it. One: retro fit newer design head to 2003 and earlier Dmax's,or two buy a 2005 Dodge which you can remove the injectors in your driveway.

·
Registered
946 Posts
No way on the dodge. Been there cost to much to keep it running. No thanks, but thats my bad experience. oh 3 in a row is a bad experience!

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
With the Dodge don't you have to remove the valve cover to get to the injectors?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hoot, valve cover and air intake plenum with heater element need to be removed. Total time is 1-2 hrs. Also cost wise two less injectors on cummins and you eliminate having to pay someone. If all systems suffer injector failure, do to the high pressure systems around 100,000 miles this set-up is still alittle more reasonable. I love my chevy 3500 but if there isn't some type of improvement in new injectors or an easier way to replace them, then in 3 years when it hits the magic mileage number its gone.I don't mind putting money into it to keep it running. But 5-6000 is a little rediculous and kind of defeats the purpose of buying a diesel in the first place. Hell big block crate motors are 5-6000 grand and will run past 100,000 towing.
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts