Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 2500HD with the Durmax and Allison transmission and I have been looking around the web and seeing stuff about $3000 injector bills and trucks sitting in the dealership for 6 months. What the hell did I buy? I traded in my 1997 CK1500 which I never had a single problem with. Can you tell me what is the deal with this engine. I just want to tow my 8000 lb. trailer and not be stuck on the side of the road. I have read stuff about secondary fuel filters and all kinds of crap. What do I need to do to have a reliable truck? Can I follow the oil life computer or should I change my oil sooner? What lubes should I use for the engine, trans, and rear end? I always liked Mobile 1 products. What about lube changes during break in for engine, trans, and rear end? I am starting to think I should have stuck with gas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
somekevinguy,

I've got the truck in the signature and the only problem I've had is rear spring slap. I change the oil and filter and grease it every 3,000 miles, changed the Allison filter at 5,000 miles, rear end fluid was changed after 500 miles of towing, fuel filter was changed at 10,000 miles. It is more to take care of than the gas engine, but imo, worth it.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Kevin and others, I am writing a post on proper maint for your truck, it will outline all aspects of maint and services..

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts