Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
This paragraph does NOT give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

"The common rail fuel system also uses smaller, more precisely machined and positioned next-generation fuel injectors to inject its fuel pulses into the cylinders. The injectors are now fully accessible, allowing service technicians to access them without having to take the cylinder head cover off. Servicing is typically required only every 100,000 miles or more".

So they expect me to spend 8,000 dollars for injectors every 3 years?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Oh great....so now the injectors need to be "serviced" every 100,000 miles or more on the 04's, wonder what it is or was on the 03's... I wonder if serviced means replacement or running a cleaning treatment on them. Way to go GM...pay an extra $5k for the diesel option only to pay it again for injector "service" at 100k. Seems the line between a diesels initial cost/durability/cost savings over a gasser is getting closer and closer to being NOTHING. What's the point anymore?? Hopefully my extra filter helps, don't want to start whining yet, but I have my concerns about the financial aspect of this diesel.

Sure $3-5 grand is cheaper to have the injectors replaced than the depreciation of a new vehicle at that time, but will the replacements last another ~100k?? I am having a bad day.....maybe I am way out in left field here...I guess I'll stop...

Bob

Bob

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yep, that's THE infamous GM statement. Does anyone's owners manual say anything about it???

·
Registered
909 Posts
I was cleaning out the den the other day and noticed a one year-old GM Protection Plan quote that came in the mail. So I thought I'd look up a current quote and it jumped over 100%! I have a low miles '01 DMax, so I began to wonder after that...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
My O1 keeps plunking along. Beat it pretty bad in the Snow over the last couple of weeks. I doubt I will ever buy up to a newer truck...I am tired of the ridiculous price and then all the carnage after the fact. If the only problem I ever have is replacing injectors at 100K then I am happy...So far my truck has perfomed flawlessly and it has not been to the dealer since Aug of 01 and that was for the original cross threaded injector pump problem where it leaked.. I have done and will continue to do all the maintenance. I say keeping it stock has probably helped that it's longevity.

Weird world we live in, the car industry is a self fulfilling prophecy...If they raise the HP 2 or the TQ 5 ft lbs or add turn signals to the outside mirrors people will dump there vehicle to have the lastest greatest thing going only to have their new deal be old news in 2-3 months. But as long as we continue to play the game, they will continue to build and of course raise the price. Who would have ever thought a pick up truck would sell for $50K or more.

I say Drive your truck til the wheels fall off.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Duramax Dually said:
My O1 keeps plunking along. Beat it pretty bad in the Snow over the last couple of weeks. I doubt I will ever buy up to a newer truck...I am tired of the ridiculous price and then all the carnage after the fact. If the only problem I ever have is replacing injectors at 100K then I am happy...So far my truck has perfomed flawlessly and it has not been to the dealer since Aug of 01 and that was for the original cross threaded injector pump problem where it leaked.. I have done and will continue to do all the maintenance. I say keeping it stock has probably helped that it's longevity.

Weird world we live in, the car industry is a self fulfilling prophecy...If they raise the HP 2 or the TQ 5 ft lbs or add turn signals to the outside mirrors people will dump there vehicle to have the lastest greatest thing going only to have their new deal be old news in 2-3 months. But as long as we continue to play the game, they will continue to build and of course raise the price. Who would have ever thought a pick up truck would sell for $50K or more.

I say Drive your truck til the wheels fall off.....

Couldn't have said it better myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts