Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read three posts where guys say they have 2004 models but have also read a few times that 2004's won't be out until Dec/Jan. My dealer only has 2004 1500's and isn't sure when the 2500/3500 Duramax/Allison'swill be on the lot. what are some of you oher guys hearing. Bill

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have an 2004. They have been out for more than 2 months. When people are refering to January, they are refering to the new LLY engine which will be a mid year release.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I also Have a 04 The build Date is 08/04, I think it is the same as the 03

·
Registered
165 Posts
According to Eric they did make some changes to the Allison for '04 that are on the currently available vehicles. New motor keeps getting pushed back, might be mid year .

DmaxAlliTech said: "Amric, yes, the 04 allison will incorporate a modulator valve, I am not sure if it is current 04 stuff or will cordinate with the new engine. Basically, what they are doing is getting rid of 'overage fluid' which is fluid that does not have a purpose, its not shoved through the cooler and just goes back to sump. With the new setup, all fluid will go through the cooler, this will take away the heat build up from idling to long in gear. This will decrease the noise level also because, as stated, the pressures will be lower. I dont know if the opposite will happen as far as greater fluid pressure on the top side of things. I know that with the addition of the modulator valve, the shift kits will have to be redesigned to accomodate it. I think TTS and TransGO are already working on it.

Eric"

BobEdited by: Son of a gun

·
Registered
704 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts