Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any simple way to disable the passenger seat airbags in the 2004.5 crew cabs? No, there is no switch and no auto-sensing mirror gizmo. I expect it is possible to pull a fuse. Does anybody have experience?

On a related note, my Max is still missing. It was ordered in mid. Jan. of this year and has not yet arrived. Long wait.

·
Registered
687 Posts
No. Put your children in the back seat!

Either of your conditions that you proposed will set a hard light for the SIR system.

I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
I would talk to the dealer and see if there is a fix. Something about disabling pass bag on vehicles used by the elderly seems to ring a bell. You have to sign something, then they do it.

"put your children in the backseat!"... Sometimes you can't. Case one would be if you had 4 kids. Case two would be if it is raining and you put the groceries in the back. Me, I often have to haul parts and pick up the kids with the parts in the back seat.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem will be travelling with 4 kids.

The SIR light has been on in my Saturn since 1993 when I pulled the fuse for my automatic seat belts. The Saturn holds 4 kids just fine since there is no passenger side front airbag.

Clearly GM has a way to turn off the airbag, since other models of the same truck have such a switch. Perhaps one of the tech guy can make up a kit to put the switch in a CC? If we can get kits for skid plates and under-hood lights an airbag switch seems like a reasonable thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
theres a place called sensible solutions in frederick,md.I think they will install a passenger side airbag cut-off switch. I will try to get their phone number and give them a buzz on friday and see if they can help. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a few minutes ago I was at the dealership checking out a few facts. All the crew cabs have no switch. All the other trucks have the switch. The switch assembly is available seperately.

The only questions are about the wiring for the rest of the truck. Will the stock GM switch plug into the CC wiring harness and do what it is supposed to do?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I did quite a bit of research on this when I got my CC. AOI Electrical is the best way if you decide to install one. There have been other discussions on this subject...you may want to use the search feature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts