Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While changing my water pump, thermostat, serpentine belt idler pulley, tensioner pulley, upper and lower radiator hoses on this 2004 P32 Workhorse (Winnebago), I noticed before I disconnected the battery, that it showed Reduced Engine Power on my dashboard. Before deciding to change the water pump, I had changed air filter, and cleaned MAF when the reduced power showed up. Since finishing all the cooling system and belt work, I have yet to reinstall the throttle body, air tube, and MAF.
I don't want any surprises, and would appreciate any education you can give me on this indication. Thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
If the message came up after cleaning the MAF then that's likely the fault. The air cleaner is not going to cause that. Make sure the connections are clean and well seated and inspect the MAF to make sure it's not somehow damaged.

Reactions: ArchaicAeronaut

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the message came up after cleaning the MAF then that's likely the fault. The air cleaner is not going to cause that. Make sure the connections are clean and well seated and inspect the MAF to make sure it's not somehow damaged.
Thanks, I'll check that for sure. Is it safe to start and see if that message clears? Will an OBD2 help pinpoint anything?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'd start it and if you can, read the code(s). See if it drives fine or if you really have 'reduced power'. If it drives fine, it could be that it was a single code event that may reset itself after several hot/cold drive cycles as long as the code doesn't reappear. If you feel reduced power you likely have a problem that needs to be rectified. The code will help.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd start it and if you can, read the code(s). See if it drives fine or if you really have 'reduced power'. If it drives fine, it could be that it was a single code event that may reset itself after several hot/cold drive cycles as long as the code doesn't reappear. If you feel reduced power you likely have a problem that needs to be rectified. The code will help.
Thanks, that is exactly what I'll do! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts