Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have and 03 HD 4x4 Club cab the dash cluster goes and comes. the tac sticks at 3 to 5 grand then in a few days returns to working fine. its fuel est milage on a full tank is 220miles. the truck has 61k on it. i just had 6 recalls done on it and they fixed the dash for about a week it worked properly. anyone else notice any problems with tha dash cluster gauges fuel oil pressure tac all are on and off and the dealer doesnt know why . they just say they have replaced a few on other trucks . any help

·
Registered
71 Posts
my speedometer stops working when it gets dark outside and the cluster is illuminated. it takes a little while for it to stop, like it gets hot or something

·
Registered
57 Posts
My fuel gauge bounces from empty to full - especially when I have half a tank or less.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Get your cluster replaced...my truck did this too and once they replaced it all was well. Its a known issue with Chevy....crappy workmanship and quality if u ask me.

Pit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get your cluster replaced...my truck did this too and once they replaced it all was well. Its a known issue with Chevy....crappy workmanship and quality if u ask me.

Pit
did the dealer warenty the cluster
myine has 61 k on it i just added the edge and juice mon and mbrp 4 inch exhaust turbo back

·
Registered
326 Posts
did the dealer warenty the cluster
myine has 61 k on it i just added the edge and juice mon and mbrp 4 inch exhaust turbo back
The dealer covered my wifes Yukon dash, and it was past the warranty. That one was the speedo sticking, but either way, it's the cluster.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have and 03 HD 4x4 Club cab the dash cluster goes and comes. the tac sticks at 3 to 5 grand then in a few days returns to working fine. its fuel est milage on a full tank is 220miles. the truck has 61k on it. i just had 6 recalls done on it and they fixed the dash for about a week it worked properly. anyone else notice any problems with tha dash cluster gauges fuel oil pressure tac all are on and off and the dealer doesnt know why . they just say they have replaced a few on other trucks . any help
My oil psi flickers at times. 5 psi veriation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was just wondering about this myself. I was out on the highway last night in my 04 gmc, glanced down to see oil pressure at over 120psi:eek: looks like i might need a cluster.

·
Registered
941 Posts
If the dealer or GM won't cover the cost of a new cluster, you can get an exchange unit from AAE for $225 shipped both ways. http://www.aaellc.com/
No I don't work for them, but they saved me over $300 by not having to go through the $tealership. The cluster they sent me looked brand new.

Bob

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine had a light go out, and they replaced the entire cluster.

·
Registered
13 Posts
replaced two clusters and the third is bad too

I have replaced two and the third is bad. I went to have it fixed and the dealer told me that it was a nationally back ordered part. Nice

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same problem once. It hasen't happend since. Mine was the oil and speedo.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
It happened to me once, my speedo freaked out and broke the needle off, happened about a year ago. It has been fine since the fixed it.

Bentley

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I had problems with mine stop working then start, then it finally died. Someone mentioned to check the batteries, replaced my Aux Battery, and all is well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yep mine does this. Comes and goes. Everything zeros out - no speedo, no oil pressure, etc. Does it probably 5% of the time - seems like when its cold and wet it does this. I've got about 70K on mine and don't plan to fix it unless it becomes a persistent problem - wonder what the cost is for a new dash assembly? - I'm sure at 70K there will be no free replace. I've got two rear window motors inoperative and window shield wipers that periodically don't work. These I can live with at least for now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts