Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a black 2003 2500HD and want to ditch the factory chrome grill. Will the SS black grill be a direct replacement? I asked my local dealer, and they weren't sure if it would fit, but they were sure it would cost $320 bucks!!

Does anyone know if it is a direct replacement and where one can be had for under $100? (my budget for looking cool, this year...)

Thanks!

John Bud

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Wouldnt see why it wouldnt fit???

If you did how much for your grill? I gota scratch in mine......I was thinking about another grill but the aftermarlets havent came out yet.....maybe an SS would look good on there now that i think about it. Your going to have to post pics

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
It would be an exact replacement. I've seen a couple trucks on other forums owned by guys who have done it already ... the black looks real sharp. I also wanted to do this until I realized the grills come painted to match whatever the SS color options are (black, blue, red, etc.) Neither would look right on a white truck ... I was bummed as the grill looks REALLY good.

I also remember the price for the grill being around $260 shipped via gmpartsdirect.com

I'll post a link if I can find the info again ...

Here's the thread I read ...

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18791&hl=ss+grillEdited by: tophog

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tophog,

Thanks for the link. It shows exactly what I was hoping to see, except for the $$$. Current pricing is ~$240.

John Bud

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Maybe take your grill and have it sprayed black(or what ever color) and then add a billet aluminum bowtie. An option?

Or get ahold of a grill after someone did the swap in case your painting comes out FUBAR or you dont like it?

After seeing that SS grill on a black truck I might be trying to rid myself of my factory grill.

On a side note i saw a 03 chevy running around with a black bow tie....looked pretty slick black with the crome center peice.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Or, hit a bird with your grill
. Here we have 0 deductable for wildlife. Then get the body shop to order the SS grille instead of the regular one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts