Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 03 2500 crew 4x4 duramax. This afternoon startted to feel like it was "hanging up" as I turned tight. Like limited slip is going out. Feels a little like the time I stripped the spyder gears out of a dodge as a teenager :ro) . Any body got any advice? Truck has about 80K on it, i've had it less than a year. Do they have 100k drivetrain warranty? Any advice is appreciated, guess I'll have it at a dealer on Monday morning.

-:t

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
when it hands up after does it clank after because it soulds like you messed up the LSD because i have gone threy a few of them myself if just went out and you dont really abuse the rearend much get the stock for free but if you abuse it mess arounf a lot go and get a good posi or a locker if you like them i went witha looker in my 69 GMC lifted 12 inches 40 inch swampers and have not had any problems with it and i also have a lock rite locker in my 1998 GMC 454 and no problems with it either

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clank

no clank after it hangs up. Doesn't feel like the chunk is completley gone yet, just headed that direction.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the exact same problem, I noticed mine after some stupid drunken doughnuts in a parking lot.

I too am wondering if it is covered under the 100,000 mile warrenty, or if that is just for the engine and trans.?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I have the exact same problem, I noticed mine after some stupid drunken doughnuts in a parking lot.

I too am wondering if it is covered under the 100,000 mile warrenty, or if that is just for the engine and trans.?
engine internals only.

Jim

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
dounuts will do it and do it quick i hate when a rearend goes out and it clanks and pops and make your truck feel like it is going to fall apart on the street

1 - 6 of 6 Posts