Diesel Place banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on my 3rd Duramax since purchasing this truck. 1st one quit at 70,000 miles, and the 2nd one quit at around 140,000 miles. The dealer covered the 1st under warranty. The second I paid for. The dealer said the 2nd one only came with a 50,000 mile warranty. I asked what my new one had for a warranty and he said 100,000. Does anyone know about GM Warranties flip flopping like this. I also have had numerous other problems. 4 wheel drive swith, Glow plug Module, encoder motor replaced, Then the transfer case started grinding, Dealer said it was ruined. I declined the repair and they charged me 700.00 to get my truck back. Can you install an encoder motor wrong ( timing). Altenator, Air Conditioner Pump, 2 Clusters and the speedo still does not work. I have spent over $20,000 dollars on repair bills for this truck. I bought it because I heard the advertisment that said less down time is more work time. Not for me. The 20,000 does not include, Rental trucks, hotels, Pissed off clients, Airline tickets to fly home and back to get the truck, 90 days total shop time Sierra has been in shop. I love the way the truck drives but I can't afford it. I had a 99 chevy 3500 with the 454 vortec. It had 295,000 miles on it before a buddy totalled it. It ran like new. The sierra is on its third Duramax. Anyone have problems like mine out there??? Do you know about the warranties on the duramax?????? Everything I have read states that they come with 100,000 mile warranties. Does not mention which motor. Can you time the encoder motor wrong????? I hope someone can help me out here. I appreciate your time. Thanks, Wagman

1 - 1 of 1 Posts