Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove out to my favorite place to get fuel today because they carry SHELL PREMIUM. MPG average this last tank was 16.5 MPG ( Not Premium) and the MPG for 47 miles since filling up is 19.5. Have 6.7 K miles on the truck now and the mileage appears to be getting better. Edited by: Bill Gisse

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sweet Bill.

I just filled up with 333 miles on my last tank. Went hunting last week Sat., drove all week to & from work, and hunting again on Sat. Filled up on the way into town. 15.8MPG on that tank. Very very happy so far. I only have 3600miles on the rig so far. Getting better every 1000 miles.

cmc

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm just wondering if this is an upward trend everyone sees with there new trucks or not? Does your gas milliage just get better as the break in period goes bye? Some people have commented that their gas milliage hasn't gotten much better so I am just curious.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mine is about the same as wickedsprints. A little less with the winter blend. Down where you live I don't know that your fuel has a winter blend. Worst milage I have got so far was hauling in the truck bed 2800lbs of cement plus 3 loaded coolers, Dog and wife over an 11,000ft mountain pass, passing tourists and I still got 16 mpg.

Steve

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TheMNkid said:
I'm just wondering if this is an upward trend everyone sees with there new trucks or not? Does your gas milliage just get better as the break in period goes bye? Some people have commented that their gas milliage hasn't gotten much better so I am just curious.

I think the mpg figure gets a little better as break-in occurs but levels off around 7-8 k miles. What I was really trying to say is that pemium fuel gives a big boost in milage and my truck seems to run a lot better with premium. I think its quieter to, but my wife says its in my mind and I've got the diesel fever.

Bill Gisse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts