Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick look at www.dieseltruckresource.com showed the dodge boys having a few leaky injectors as well, one at roughly 23,000 miles already. Their main crutch seems to be rear end howl and repair, kinda scary since they use the same rear axle as us, but ours seems to be fine. Same issues of underfill from factory.Edited by: Wickedsprint

·
Registered
572 Posts
Wicked, I don't know if I would count that as an injector problem yet. It was replaced but problem still remains. More than likely dealer missed the real problem, to early to tell, but one truck with an unconfirmed injector problem still leads me to believe they're doing a little better than us so far
Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
From around these parts when you change the injector(s) on the 5.9 Cumins you must also change the line(s), the fine brown non metallic coating in them just wrecks the new injector(s). Even the 04 HO.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Interesting about the rear axle Wickedsprint. I will have to go look at one tomorrow. In years past they weren't the same. Later! Frank

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They used to use Dana axles, now they use AAM all around, the front being a heavier weight rating than the Dana 60 from years past.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Actually, I think Dodge has come a long way, why they went the small crewcab, is a mystery, but all and all, they are having a much better roll out then Ford. But its still early on, to assume if they are/will have issues with injectors, but I am following Captainmal's experience since He was a fan of the D/A early on., and seems like a down right, nice guy, not out to bash anybodys ride.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Dmaxcan, you have that right, I had a 1998 Dodge Ram. But I always drove a Cummins. I never did like the Automatic Transmission. And it didn't have a very good ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts