Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently received our 2003 HD2500, Dura-Max powered shop truck which replaced the 1997 C2500 6.5 Turd-Diesel we had previously. It is, by far a much better truck, but we have noticed a little gray smoke at idle, which turns into a big cloud on initial acceleration from an extended idle session, and then mostly clears up until the next stop light. The truck has 180K, and has been maintained pretty well, but I do not know the full history on it yet, as it was assigned to another location in our company. The truck seems to run fine, and starts good even when cold. We had it scanned, and the scan did not indicate a specific injector as being bad. We cked. the air cleaner for a restriction, and it was fine. I have contacted 2 local dealers as I thought it might have warranty on the injectors being a LB7 engine, but was told the 200K warranty was only for 01's and 02's. What kind of money should I expect to spend on injectors on this thing???

·
Registered
410 Posts
Alot:eek: :eek:!! Get on the phone w/ a GM Rep and plead your heart out!!! It might work:help: Good luck!

·
Registered
160 Posts
the warranty is also for the 03 duramax. Try another dealer who knows what they are talking about!

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
yeah, the warnetee is for ALL LB7's theres a TSB somewhere about it...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Search and you'll find the Maxpayne thread that first made the statement 03's were covered by the extended warr. I'm almost certain the end result was that they are not.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I think the '03-04's injector issues are evaluated on a case by case basis.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
03-04 injectors are not being covered under the 7yr 200k special injector policy #04039.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts