Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I add the key switch to my crew cab to turn off the passenger air bag? We may be adding another minimaxer to the family and that means one needs to go up front. A local dealer ran my VIN number and gave me the part number for the key lockout switch but I'm leary he is correct and unsure if I can simply plug it in. No-one can afford to find out the hard way.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
this was cut and pasted from an earlier topic dealing with this.. nothing new to report since....Thanks to forum member "roegs" for the info

Eric..I tried 2 part numbers. 88895089 and 88895090. I believe the second one was for pass side. Neither would have worked without modification though. The HD trucks use a 2 stage air bag connector, even though they come with single stage bags. The kits came with a single stage connector. They also separate mounting for the switch and indicator. I fianally dropped the issue. If I was to do it again, I would use the product from www.aoielectrical.com. They were recommended to me by the NHTSA, and do many police and highway vehicles. They have a slick kit that will work in our trucks. It comes with connectors that match ours (he builds it for what you need). The switch box and indicator are about the size of a pack of cigs. Price is $199 for me to install (they support you), or $375 for them to install.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No thanks for the info...that's the problem with spending too much time on the road. Not enough time to review all the posts!!!!!

For 200 bucks that's a deal since a replacement switch from GM is in the $80.00 range.Edited by: Jeli

1 - 3 of 3 Posts