Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 K2500HD with the LB7 Duramax, there are no DTC’sset and none in memory. I however cannot pass Smog (California) because the EGRMonitor will not set. I have driven the crazy GM drive cycle several timesstill it will not set, I have put about 400 miles on it since last checked andit still does not set and no DTC’s. I scanned the system and found one item outside of the norms but it is not setting a DTC. It is the EGR Vacuum Sensorwhich GM states should be between 18 – 158 and mine is setting at 11 at idleand when rpm is increased will go up to 15 but no higher. Could this be theissue and if so what controls this pressure and how do I correct it. Any helpis appreciated, my local dealer is no help and I honestly believe I know moreabout the truck then they do and that is both scary and disappointing. I have a2002 K2500HD with the LB7 Duramax, there are no DTC’s set and none in memory. Ihowever cannot pass Smog (California) because the EGR Monitor will not set. Ihave driven the crazy GM drive cycle several times still it will not set, I haveput about 400 miles on it since last checked and it still does not set and noDTC’s. I scanned the system and found one item out side of the norms but it isnot setting a DTC. It is the EGR Vacuum Sensor which GM states should bebetween 18 – 158 and mine is setting at 11 at idle and when rpm is increasedwill go up to 15 but no higher. Could this be the issue and if so what controlsthis pressure and how do I correct it. Any help is appreciated, my local dealeris no help and I honestly believe I know more about the truck then they do andthat is both scary and disappointing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I thought I would update for anyone in the future having the same issue.

I have an '02 Duramax with about 170k miles, California emmissions and needed to be smogged. The truck is entirely stock and I'm the original owner. I had recently done some of my own work, i.e. FPR, Glow plugs, injectors. I cleared codes and went through many drive cycles. The EGR wouldn't reset. I found out that the California Bureau of Auto Repair exempted '02's from that particular item due to issues so many people were having with the EGR's. Therefore, your local smog guy/gal should be able to do the smog test without the EGR set. Mine was able to be done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts