Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did some searching and found info on swapping an lb7 trans into an lly, but i did not see any info on swapping a 2002 lb7 tranny into a 2004 lb7.
are there any differences between a 2004 lb7 allison and a 2002 allison or is it a straight forward swap?

thanks
paul

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
You'll get a code for G solenoid, but that's about it. There is no performance gain to be had with this. If you are just doing it because you've got that core then it's all good. You'll just have to either use your LLY Valve body or use the LB7 TCM. BECAUSE there is another solenoid on the 2003 and up VB (G solenoid) which modulates main pressure (Mod Main).

Clear as mud?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Yeah thanks.. Regardless of LB7 or LLY. After 2003 all VB's had G Sol, and mod main.

If it was there on an 03 or later, it has to be present.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies. that changes my thinking a little bit.
i have a 2002 with a built transmission that i was thinking about swapping into a 2004 lb7. i was hoping that it would be a simple swap, but it does not sound that way.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info. i am not sure what all was done to the 02 vb in the rebuild, but i would think the valve bodies would work. i guess that i will just have to have the 2004 vb tinkered with after or during the swap.

thanks,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts