Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took the truck out after being parked for about 3 weeks. When i got to my destination it was leaking transmission fluid. I was freaked. It is a 2002 with only 50,000 miles on it. Took it by the local dealer, thay told me that it was probaly a seal on the torque converter and a seal of the pump for the tranmission. They told me it would be at least a $1,000. If there are any tips for this, please let me know. It is going into the dealer Monday 12,2007. Also it has a Hypertech 3-stage programmer, should I remove it before it goes in for service? Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same thing 2001 D/A

Mine all of a sudden sprung a leak there also. only leaks when running. pulled into dinner backed into my spot, and when i came out was suprised to find a little trail all the way from when i hit my brakes to stop, and until i backed up and stopped. frustrated with the whole thing everything imaginable has gone wrong in the last month. injectors, fprv, glow controller, fueltank sender, now tc seal.

went to the zone today and think i have found the proper seal. im not sure so i wont be held responsible--timken #3227, seven dollars and some change. see if a trans shop will do it cheaper than the stealer.

Bill

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
mine doing the same thing when i found out it was 3 qts low:( .so i told the wife it needs to be taking out of the truck to inspect now i need a stage 3 with a 1057 to fix the leak;) .no realy mine was leaking real good when running i have a nice coating of trans fluid all the way back to the tailgate.3 concerns the convertor seal/3 bolts on the bottom of the bell housing with copper washers that leak and leaking case.i cheaked the convertor no signs of any wear but that is were is see the fluid leaking at the seal area.

·
Registered
52 Posts
mine only leaks when its running.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got the truck back from the dealer. They put copper nuts on the torque converter and replaced all sills. No leaks now. I told the dealer to have a tech take the truck out for a ride, because it was not shifting wright before taken into the dealer. They had the tech take it out after the repair was made and said it appeared to shift well. After i picked the truck up, I got on the highway and it did the same thing again, it did not want to shift. It just holds, like a governor on the last 2 shifts. It really sets the truck back, stays at 60 for about 5 to 10 seconds which drives me crazy. This is only under full throttle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts