Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the morning I let it warm up Then when i drive away it's fine. I stop at the stop sign about a 1/4 mile away and when i take off It acts like it has no fuel for a couple of three seconds. It only did this once in a while in the mornings.. Now it is doing two or three times in the morning.And it is only 65* here in Cali. Any ideas anyone?? I have replaced the fuel filter..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just had similar issues with my 2001 8.1L and it turned out to be a crank sensor. The only difference was mine would stall while moving.. not stopped or slowing down. I posted the exact same question on here a couple of weeks ago and everyone agreed that it was the crank sensor (common for the 8.1L). I would start there. Hope this helps.

Pat

·
Registered
256 Posts
I would agree that it's the crank sensor as well. I would recommend letting the dealer or a mechanic change it... the dealer did mine and it took them about six hours to get the old one out... money well spent (I paid book time on the job).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I'll have it changed

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
6 Hours mybe bythere book time didnt take him that long I would hope not, Took tops of 2 hrs if that with having lunch its a little pain whens it almost out it hits the top of firewall. But each his own I wouldnt of wanted that bill.

·
Registered
277 Posts
mine did the same thing it only acted up when starting to go from a stop for about three seconds then it took off. And I changed mine in my driveway on my back at 10:30 at night with a shop light, took about one hour.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You guys with 02's and the crank sensor problem, what is the build date of your truck?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
My crank sensor was replaced under warrantee at about 30K miles. I have one of the first '02's - took delivery in August '01.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It did take six hours just to get the old one out.. I was there the whole time and the old one wouldn't break free. It's a really nice location to work in if you break that thing off as well... not worth forcing and having more problems after it's out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GMCWAYNE;1586264; said:
You guys with 02's and the crank sensor problem, what is the build date of your truck?
My warranty start date is 10-15-2001 so I'd think it was built some time in 2001

1 - 10 of 10 Posts