Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 2002 GMC SLT 4x4 crew cab with 110K miles on it. The truck was from Alabama. The injectors were replaced 1 year ago at 97K miles. I might be able to get it for around $17.5K. It appears to be clean and it is all stock. Oh yea it was a fleet truck for the 1st 45K miles.

Any opinions on this?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Only thing I'd be curious of is why the 'fleet' only kept the truck for 45,000 mi. ????
Other than that, it sounds like a good buy. It not easy to find ANY Duramax for under 19-20K. Good luck!!

·
Premium Member
8,462 Posts
My last truck was also a fleet truck for a large company, they traded it in at 45K also, dont know why, but that seems to be the two-three year mark for mileage on the allowed driving of a lease. I believe they alow 15K a year on the fleet leases. Correct me if I am wrong.

Tony

·
Registered
989 Posts
I was thinkin' fleet 'owned' but your right .......that could easily be the case.

·
Registered
35 Posts
good deal, i got a 2002 crew cab short box this past summer for 18k it had 103,000 miles on it.

·
Diesel Master, Formerly goth2o
5,510 Posts
X2 on the fleet thing. Also, I'm sure an SLT is not a common fleet vehicle! Good price, as I just (about 6 mos ago) sold an 02 Chevy LB7 CC with 105k for $22k on ebay. It had an aftermarket warranty still in effect, but cloth interior, and a Chevy.

·
Diesel Master, Formerly goth2o
5,510 Posts
How was you 02? Any problem areas beside the injectors? Oh and nice hounds!

Jeff

I loved it! I had it pretty built and I beat it up a lot. It held together well. The only issue I ever had was a water pump around 100k. Injectors were still all stock.

About the hounds, thanks! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts