Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to bypass the automatic headlights on a 2001. I have read the thread on the 2003's. My wiring is not the same. Connector J3 terminal A4 has a light blue wire in it, connector J4 terminal B7 is empty. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I cant find a proper schematic. My Haynes hints at it but its incomplete. The two wires from the ambient light sensor to the BCM are white and gray. But it doesnt give the BCM pinout, so thats kinda difficult. If you can figure them out, about a 1K resistor between the wires should do the trick (permanent disable).

Another approach, but more work. It looks like there are 2 white wires going to energize the headlight relay (under the UBEC). One wire comes from the headlight switch for manual operation. The other white wire comes from the BCM for auto-lights. If you can find the wires at/going to the relay, you could cut the white from the BCM to disable the autolights. Install a switch to restore normal operation if desired.

Sorry I cant help further. Seems complete schematics and info for '03 and up are readily available for free. But us guys with '01/'02s are left out in the cold.

·
Registered
174 Posts
On my 02, I just push the "dome override" button 4 times. On-Off-On-OFF. This is how one enables and disabled the auto headlights on the 02.

I'd suspect your 01 to be similar. Let us know.

Andy

·
Registered
324 Posts
ASCTLC;1603374; said:
On my 02, I just push the "dome override" button 4 times. On-Off-On-OFF. This is how one enables and disabled the auto headlights on the 02.

Andy
This works on my 01, but you would have to do this each time you start the truck. The auto healights come back on once the key is cycled.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ASCTLC;1603374; said:

Andy
That trick doesnt work on mine. Maybe because its Canadian. Cant disable my DRLs either.
Projects for later when the weather warms up. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Intersting. Didn't realize a key cycle set them back to auto.

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input A friend has G.M. service manual for his 04. Can we get one for the 01's if so where?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts