Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any vendors on here that sell them? I’ve not been able to find anything so far. It’s a 40/20/40 setup but only the driver seat is beyond repair. Actually has a passenger seat in there now!! Not picky about color - that’s what covers are for. Need the frame at a minimum but would love to bolt a new seat in and drive.

·
Administrator
16,042 Posts
Any vendors on here that sell them? I’ve not been able to find anything so far. It’s a 40/20/40 setup but only the driver seat is beyond repair. Actually has a passenger seat in there now!! Not picky about color - that’s what covers are for. Need the frame at a minimum but would love to bolt a new seat in and drive.
If you are looking for an aftermarket type seat then look at our Supporting Vendor: CARiD.com
If you are looking for something OEM then I would look through sites like car-part.com or a local wrecking yard and source a seat closest to your location

·
Premium Member
17,875 Posts
The butt pan, and all the foam and shells (upholstery) for both front "40"s are still available aftermarket.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
salvage yards are tough here in houston. many vehicles were flooded during harvey and every GM truck seat that I've looked at stank big time like mildew. The seat frames themselves rust away pretty badly after that also. i'll keep checking. may have to go aftermarket after all.

i wish it was a simple as a butt cushion, but the whole seat frame is junk by now. it looks to have been welded a few times, and maybe folded in half once also!!!

thank y'all for your input.

·
Administrator
16,042 Posts
salvage yards are tough here in houston. many vehicles were flooded during harvey and every GM truck seat that I've looked at stank big time like mildew. The seat frames themselves rust away pretty badly after that also. i'll keep checking. may have to go aftermarket after all.

i wish it was a simple as a butt cushion, but the whole seat frame is junk by now. it looks to have been welded a few times, and maybe folded in half once also!!!

thank y'all for your input.
There is a GM only salvage yard in Oklahoma City ( G & R Auto parts )
You might call and ask if they have anything in stock

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a GM only salvage yard in Oklahoma City ( G & R Auto parts )
You might call and ask if they have anything in stock
thank you very much. i will certainly do that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts