Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking for a D/A of my own since driving my old mans truck. he has an 03 D/A. i love it. there is locally in tampa, Fl a 2001 D/A 2 wd extended cab truck. exactly what i want. but it is a 2001 and am a bit weary of the injector storys on message boards like this. is this just an overreaction? the truck has 39K miles and is going for 23,900 which i think is a good deal. i will see it in person soon. here is the link.

Auto Trader Ad

are the injector problems THAT much worse than my family's 03? is this just the internet making a mountain out of a molehill? i tend ot believe what i read on message boards and not so much in shops. tell me what you think? i would end up selling it for a new truck in probably 3-4 years or 125K miles. Edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry i dont know why the url isnt coded correctly, but if you copy that long like, it takes you directly to that autotrader posting

·
Registered
509 Posts
I bought an 01 just this past Dec. It had 34k on the clock. I may encounter injector problems but I'm not worried about it. I think you called it right when you said the net was making a mountain out of a molehill. Yes, there are some having problems, but it's a small percentage. GM is standing behind them so I'm not worried. The price sounds good but I really don't know. 2wd is not very common up here. I have no idea what they go for.

·
Registered
233 Posts
gator

Price sounds OK, and you should have enough factory warranty left to cover the injectors for a while. If you are going to purchase, might want to check out manifold for EGT probe/hole. May have had a power box added to it at one time?? I added a secondary fuel filter setup on mine, might buy some extra miles on the injectors but who knows for sure? To date I haven't had injector issues, maybe just haven't got the miles high enough yet?

Good Luck
Edited by: TC Dmax

·
Registered
101 Posts
Plenty of 01's out there with no injector problems. Mine has 75,000 trouble free miles on it so far. No additional filtration.

Engine warranty good for 100,000 miles...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you all! i did post in the VIN post. hopefully get some good idea what is going on with that rig. i will check the manifold. heck that is where we put my dad's pyro for his attitude monitor.

so is the price ok or is it a great deal? i am begining to think it is just an ok price. but thank you very much for your input!

·
Registered
114 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

i have an '01 and i LOVE it!...i bought it with 38.8k on it...when i had the 40k service done, it was super major, as the 30k service, which is a major one, had not been done...i was NOT surprised at that, but the shop foreman ran a warranty service check for me and it was SIX pages long!

the injectors had to be replaced at 41k, so i ESSENTIALLY have a new truck :) ...it hauls my horse trl with 2 ponies and a carriage like it was a kenworth!

buy it...you'll LOVE it!

</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
63 Posts
I purchased my 01 in March, 01. I currently just turned 90k and have had in for injectors[twice]. The most unmentioned and underestimated detail not openly discussed often here in the forum; WHO your TECH is that services your Dmax for you. The smartest thing I ever did was find a great tech and nobody touches my Max except him.There are some sharp DMax guys in this forum. Ask them about the importance of the tech who works on a Dmax. You will find they are ALL pretty picky about who works on there own Max, and for good reasons. It does not seem that the year of Max is so critical. Injectors have been an issue in for all years.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes it is 5 year 100K mile, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
blah, not getting it. LLY is calling my name.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts