Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my boat 115 miles to trade it in. When I was driving home I stopped and pumped in 22 gallons of diesel fuel. The pumps for the diesel fuel are all by themselfs. I ran my tank low 1/8 tank. While I was filling-up a fuel tanker was filling the stations tanks. I drove about 20 mile and pulled into a toll booth. When I started to pull out. The truck had a loss of power. The service engine soon light came on. The truck was bucking under a load. I checked all my gauges and they were fine. I checked to see what the code was. The code #P0093 says a large fuel leak. I couldn't smell any fuel leak and the truck wasn't smoking. The fuel filter has about 15,000 miles on it. I'm going to change the fuel filter, air filter and add some Diesel 911. Will a dirty fuel filter cause a code #P0093 and service engine soon light to come on? I cleared the code but if it comes back I'll have to bring it in to the dealer.
The truck has an Edge Juice with Attitude, 4" borla S/S exhaust and a K+N air filter. There is 68,000 miles on the truck. It was a nice sunny day about 52 degrees out so it wasn't a gelling problem.

Thanks for any help in advance!
Dmax27

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I have been told to avoid a station when it is being filled up. Stirs the tank up. Whatever is in the bottom, could end up in your tank......

Post this code in the tech section. You should get a speciffic answer there.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
:exactly:
I have been told to avoid a station when it is being filled up. Stirs the tank up. Whatever is in the bottom, could end up in your tank......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts