Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 2001 4x4 Auto, 55 eng blk casting,

Truck Looks clean, Did notice some oil on the front and rear oil pan area, more on the rear,

Does this engine have a history of front/rear seal leaks,
are they expensive to fix???

Death wobble? how do I check for it, should I be concerned on a non-lifted truck?

MPG ( 4.10 dif ) on highway , Guess ?

Transmission, truck was used to pull a Horse trailer,
any advice what to check.....

Anything else to look at...?
Thanks...

·
Registered
267 Posts
The oil could be coming from the tube on the front, to my knowledge there is no issues with the seals on the cummins. Check for play in the front end, have someone turn the steering wheel left and right and look for excessive component movement like the track bar and the tie rods. If you can bring a jack, check the ball joints by pulling in/out from the top and bottom of the wheels while you inspect the upper/lower ball joints. Mileage unloaded you should be able to get 15-17 avg. city/highway, straight highway I bet you could pull around 20. Just keep it under 75, over 75 and the mileage decreases drastically, these figures of course depend on your driving habits as well. Do you have a lead foot or an aluminum one, that will be a big deciding factor. How many miles? Auto, 5/6 speed? How much are they asking? Ask them if they have replaced the lift pump and/or injection pump. Any mods done yet? Sorry for the long post, just trying to get you as much info as possible. Good Luck.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Auto with for 4.10?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, 4.10 on the glove box sticker, with auto trans,
Lady said she ordered it that way to pull a horse trailer..

Said 19-20 MPG around town, Thought that was a little high
for the auto/4.10 gears

Really wan a STD shift, hard to find...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts