Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your opinions on a 2001 Quad cummins? It is my brother in-laws and he loves it, and is just trading it in to by the new 06. It has just over 130,000 miles on it and trade in is around 9-10k. He said he would get it to me for $9,000. It is a manual and he had the fuel pump replaced at 85,000 miles. He does take care of his vehicles, at least the mechanical parts of them. What are your opinions. I love my 6.5 TD but I need something to pull our 28 ft 5ver better. :help:

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
If it's a manual I would jump on it, if it's an auto I would prepare to spend some money on getting the tranny built right. Also be prepared to go deaf because the 01 24 valve is a noisy S.O.B. Any questions PM me, I know the DODGE's pretty well of that ERA.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thats damn cheap...go for it!

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's a smokin deal (no pun intended)! If he takes care of his vehicles I wouldn't worry about the mileage, even if you had to put a liitle money into it I still think it's a great deal. Check the front end for any gremlins, ball joints, track bar, etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys have kids or do you have people that ride in the back. I have three, 6, 2, and 1. Granted the only time all the family would be in it is when we are all going camping. I can only assume the size is the same as my extended cab. Is this bigger, smaller or the same size as my 95 extended cab? I believe both doors open on this thing, so that's a real plus. I just can't go any smaller in the back with my kids.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a 8 and 3 yr old, with the 3 yr old in a car seat, they seem to fit fine in the back of mine. However, it is no place for a teen or adult, I would say its about the same as your ex-cab. I had a 99' chevy ex-cab and if I remember it was about the same.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input. He is not sure if it he is going to trade this month or next. He is going to do this before summer though. I can only pray my trusty 6.5 keeps being as reliable as it has been.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts