Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good friend has a 2000 C4500 cab-over box truck that he uses for his tiling business. The truck has the 6.5L Turbo Diesel according to him. His transmission went out this week so he's need of a rebuilt or used trans. First of all, can anyone tell me the exact transmission he would have? Next, where is a good place to find a new, rebuilt, or used transmission? He wants to get the truck going again for as cheap as possible, just like everyone. The auto service center he took the truck told him $4,000 for the rebuilt transmission and then another $500 for labor. Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can help my buddy find a better deal?! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I could be wrong, but I thought there were two diesel options for that truck in 2000. Caterpillar and Isuzu motors. Is it a stick or auto?? I believe the two options for auto were 4L80E and an Allison 545 (don't quote me). The stick I do not have a clue. $4k sounds a bit high, even if it is an allison...or any of them for that matter. I'd find out exactly what's in it and start calling junkyards, or serf sleeziebay for a while. :)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
The Isuzu was a 4HE 1XS motor.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was thinking too. All the info that I found said the truck should have only had a 4.8L Isuzu turbo diesel and not the 6.5L. I will have to do some more digging. I know Isuzu also made a trans for that truck as well. And I've been able to find them for less than $2000 fully rebuilt and ready to go. I just need to find out what trans it is exactly. The trans is an automatic too. Thanks for the help! Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Hey, no problem... I'll keep my eyes out for ya.

Tom.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man. I went and looked at the truck yesterday. Indeed it is a AISIN SEIKI auto trans. Time to start looking for one!

·
Premium Member
18,124 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts