Diesel Place banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Your OPS is just the oil pressure sensor and is only for the oil pressure gauge.
It will not cause LP problems. OEM A/C Delco is always the best choice.
Check your fuses, especially the ECM-B and ECM-I, they are in the under hood fuse/relay box.
I found a blown fuse. I feel so stupid. Thank you. Should be able to figure it out from here

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Your OPS is just the oil pressure sensor and is only for the oil pressure gauge.
It will not cause LP problems. OEM A/C Delco is always the best choice.
Check your fuses, especially the ECM-B and ECM-I, they are in the under hood fuse/relay box.
Ok so I found a bad fuse. Feel dumb. Replaced it. Got fuel from the lift pump again. However now I don’t hear the glow plug relay click and have no Volt at glow plugs ..

·
Administrator
16,038 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Does the PINK wire at the GPR have 12v. with key on?
Does the YELLOW wire have 12v. when WTS light is on, or should be on?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Have you checked the ignition switch? They are a 2 part switch. Sometimes they go bad. Where you get power to the starter. But no power to the PCM. If you are not getting a CEL when key is turned to on. There may be an issue with power or grounds to the PCM. Or bad PCM. When you checked grounds. Did you check the main PCM ground on the right side rearmost intake manifold bolt? Should have 3 ground wires attached to it. IIRC The glow plug relay is also grounded there

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I haven’t checked the voltage to GPR yet... busy trying to fix a leaky injector line from Injector pump. I swear guys it never ends for me:( Apparantly the port got stripped when I tighten the line... not sure what to do now... could retap with a die or try to pull of and replace individual port of Ip.. not sure I can even find that part., driving myself crazy.. if y’all have any advice I’d appreciate it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Have you checked the ignition switch? They are a 2 part switch. Sometimes they go bad. Where you get power to the starter. But no power to the PCM. If you are not getting a CEL when key is turned to on. There may be an issue with power or grounds to the PCM. Or bad PCM. When you checked grounds. Did you check the main PCM ground on the right side rearmost intake manifold bolt? Should have 3 ground wires attached to it. IIRC The glow plug relay is also grounded there
I have not checked the ignition switch. Does the relate with glow plug relay?
I checked voltage to relay before I put the new fuse (Ecm ) in & got fuel & start.
Problem is I had a leaking injector line from pump.. so I went chasing that to discover I had stripped the threads to the injection pump by improperly installing. Not very happy with myself for that.. hoping I can tap it out .. My problems are compiling but there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel..

it starts very rough without the glow plugs; with a puff of grey smoke.. but she starts! What a process..

·
Administrator
16,038 Posts
I haven’t checked the voltage to GPR yet... busy trying to fix a leaky injector line from Injector pump. I swear guys it never ends for me:( Apparantly the port got stripped when I tighten the line... not sure what to do now... could retap with a die or try to pull of and replace individual port of Ip.. not sure I can even find that part., driving myself crazy.. if y’all have any advice I’d appreciate it
Injector hard lines can be found on line. Most will sell complete injector line kits, making you buy all of the injector lines.
There are a few who sell just the individual cylinder lines or again, complete kits.

Off the top of my head, I believe Huckstorf diesel sells the individual lines.
You might try local auto parts stores to source a Dorman brand replacement

Reactions: KyleH

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Injector hard lines can be found on line. Most will sell complete injector line kits, making you buy all of the injector lines.
There are a few who sell just the individual cylinder lines or again, complete kits.

Off the top of my head, I believe Huckstorf diesel sells the individual lines.
You might try local auto parts stores to source a Dorman brand replacement
Thank you! It’s the port to the injection pump that I need. One of the ports is stripped . Having a hard time finding that part online

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,807 Posts
If you look at hdiesel.com, they sell individual injector line with the 2 fittings on each end.
You need to know exactly which line you need to replace.
There are number on each line based on the cylinder sequence.

·
Administrator
16,038 Posts
Thank you! It’s the port to the injection pump that I need. One of the ports is stripped . Having a hard time finding that part online
If it is the actual port connector on the IP that is stripped then you would find that part at an Authorized Stanadyne dealer..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
If you look at hdiesel.com, they sell individual injector line with the 2 fittings on each end.
You need to know exactly which line you need to replace.
There are number on each line based on the cylinder sequence.
I need both a new fuel line #2 and replace the nipple that is on the injector pump itself. I’m aware the fuel line has 2 fittings- I have it off. But I need the fitting it fits into in the injector pump. It looks like this:

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,807 Posts
In that case, try to find a Stanadyne Pump shop and call them directly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The guys at Dimond in Oakland are great. I'm sure they'll have the part, and can help you out with whatever you need. Hopefully including a single injector line, though I suspect they'll need to order it in as these aren't high volume items.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree you have an elec issue. Faulty ip do not just stop. Usually preceded by quick cut outs and bucking. As far as a power issue I just replaced the turbo on mine and it’s running well. During the repair I found a leaky exhaust manifold which was over heating the starter. Also it fried the gp wires. It was quite a repair. So I would look at the wires on the right side under the turbo for burned or shorted wires

·
Registered
4 Posts
With the center mount turbo you wont have to check for the manifold leak. As Gladulator stated earlier you need to check the glow plug relay. If you are getting power to the LP & IP I do not believe you have a key switch problem. Check the pins well. Taking the connections apart while troubleshooting they may not be making contact well.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,807 Posts
GP controller only have voltage during GP cycle which is no more than 6 seconds.
However, the input to the GP from battery is always hot (one of those big lug)..

21 - 40 of 40 Posts