Diesel Place banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
42.5" and no clearance issues! I had read somewhere here or wherever that 40" was max. Maybe I misread it too. Good to know that 42.5" will clear as that gives me a lot more options, thank you! Any idea what you paid for that wheel and tire? I'm looking at about 4k give or take depending on the tire.
I believe that the offset is what makes them work without clearance issues. They do stick out past the fenders by about 1.5 - 2.0 inches. I wanted to add fender flares/extensions to cover the tires (not only the law in my state but I think that looks much better) and stock Jeep YJ fender flares work perfectly by combining the front flare and then using part of the rear flare for the section below the hood split. With all the guys 'upgrading' their Jeep flares their old stock flares are pretty much free.

I was VERY++ lucky that the prior owner did all of the conversion work to get the super single Alcoas to work. He ran/runs a heavy (class 8 logging trucks) repair shop, so he had access to the 'resources' both parts and machining. On a side note, I am very happy with the Ironman tires. A reasonable aggressive tread, but smooth running and quiet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Got ma wheels and tires mounted finally.

I found 5 used International MXT OEM 20x9 aluminum wheels. This is what shocker Pat used to sell. I had them powder coated. And I bought some 335/80R20 MPT81s. Had them speed balanced at a GCR tire where they had a Hunter HD balancer. All tires were within round by 0.025". One wheel required only 1 oz of stick on weights. One required a maximum of 9 oz. This wheel/tire seems to weigh about the same as the stock 19.5" steel wheel and 33" goodyear.

Very happy I found these aluminum wheels, otherwise I would have gone with 1stattack 20x10 steel wheels and the same tires. I should have had the powder coater mask off the bore, but it wasn't too much of a hassle besides on the rears where the hub pilot flanges are so long.

Bought some accuride 7902 wheel gaurds so my wheels don't look like **** after rotating.

Bought a precision instruments split beam 3/4" torque wrench with breaker bar, worked great. Amazon.com: Precision Instruments C4D600F36H 3/4" Drive Torque Wrench and Breaker Bar Combo Pack: Automotive

Need to push the bumper forward 2" and buy some king shocks. The tires did clear the bumper by 1/2" when turn't.

Tires clear the fenders and do not hit the drag link ball joint stud.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the stryker steel military wheels with 395/85R20 XZL michelins on my stock 05 C4500. Had to remove the wheel well splash guards up front, removed front bumper, shaved the fenders a bit, had to modify/clearance the driver top steering arm, and still want to get an offset pitman arm as the tire touches it on sharp right turns. BuT with all that I'm pretty happy with the result. The XZL's run smooth down the highway and much quieter than I expected. At 47" tall and having the 5spd Allison I'm doing 70mph at 1800~ rpm and feels meant to be. I also have an 09 with the double overdrive and think 6th gear would become obsolete without re-gearing. One huge plus with 2 piece wheels is that I can swap a new tire on myself on the side of the road and not need a spare wheel, just tire.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice truck

I got the steel ones from Eastern Surplus along with some used 395/85R20 MVTs for my 2008 4500. No complaints what so ever. Heavy? Yes, but hasn't been an issue for me. I'm getting 10.5 MPG with out any tuning mods and only running 30 psi for more traction (snowy winter conditions here).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2008 Kodiak c4500 2x4 monroe
I’m looking for wheel options something diff the Alcoa wheels
I’m might be interested in Super singles
Or dually’s any help..
Like bigger rim and tires what’s the biggest with out issues
Or super singles… or bigger rim and low profile tire ..
Any or all options would like to find out.
please and thank you..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
@Jokercraze go back and read my first post, I list most of the options for the 4WD clearance. If you want the easiest solution buy new 1stAttack steel 20"x11" wheels and get the 40" MPT81 tire or a light duty 20" tire that is rated high enough for you. Or buy standard Alcoa/Accuride/A1/Rimco 22.5" and get some standard semi truck tires from Les Schwab like a 11R22.5. You may have to do the low profile option though to fit in your 2WD. Search this forum for lots of posts on what you can fit. 255/70/22.5 seems like a pointless upgrade from the stock 19.5.

Or try and find some wide super single 22.5" from Alcoa, but those will be hard to find.

Or try and find the 20"x9" aluminum forged MXT wheels like I did. They are much lighter and will balance much better than the steel 1stAttack wheels.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I saw on instagram that Buckstop is machining an aluminum forged wheel now. 20"x11". They are doing the 10 on 225mm bolt pattern, but maybe they could do a 8 on 275mm and the proper 221.1mm bore. Who knows what they cost and buckstop can usually be pretty arrogant to boot. A 20x11 forged alloy would be awesome though!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some are available now.
20x10 size
*made in the USA
*forged aluminum
*valves on both sides
*grooved for lip weights
*8000 load rating
*10 lug - 4500/5500 ram and F450/F550/F600
*8 lug - 3500 ram and f350
*8 lug - chevy 4500/5500/6500 and international CV
$1350 ea wheel in sets of 5 wheels. (they will sell just 4 if that is all you want)
Same wheel front and back. You flip them around to fit the front or rear axle
call to discuss Justin 979 997 3112
Photos of the plain and coated wheels. (these are 10 lug but our 8x275 are available)
Automotive tire Rim Wood Gas Automotive wheel system

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Disclaimer - no relation to the seller or wheels.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts