Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that's right 20.53 set the cruise control on 2K rpm's about 71.4 mph (GPS) and rolled for 472 miles on a tank and put 23 gallons of fuel in her. I was pleased with that number but I like the 23 mpg tune that some people have with the EFI LIVE.

Shawn

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes some of the EFI LIVE beta team have various tunes there out but not quite available yet. soon my friend soon.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My last long trip in my truck garnished 21.12 MPG hand calculated. I set cruise control at 65mph and left it alone except for when my girlfiend needed to use the bathroom. No tune.

·
Registered
54 Posts
drillchart: Is this with stock wheels ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
:wtf: I would kil for that kind of mileage. Best I've ever seen is 17.7 on the freeway.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes, stock wheels and factory on/off road tires 245/75r16. No fuel additives either.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I also consistently get 21mpg at around 2k rpms cruise on the highway hand calculated. Stock wheels and tires. I hope it doesn't drop that much when I put my h2 rims and 285s on "or maybe I should go for 265s to keep the mileage"

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I used to run the edge ez on my truck on level one. So I did a little test cruising between 75 and 80 with the ez on I got 16.5 now without it I get about 17.5. Thats about a mile per gallon increase. Although I miss the power I enjoy calculating it all out and seeing that I'm getting well over 17 mpg doing 80. I havent calculated the difference in 100% city but it seems that I'm getting much better mileage now in the city before it was 14.5 consistently and without the ez I break 15 every time. With the prices on diesel nowadays getting a one mpg increase helps out.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
that's right 20.53 set the cruise control on 2K rpm's about 71.4 mph (GPS) and rolled for 472 miles on a tank and put 23 gallons of fuel in her. I was pleased with that number but I like the 23 mpg tune that some people have with the EFI LIVE.

Shawn
West to East?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BIG SHRIMPAH I have 285's on mine but I'm still not done playing with tire pressure 46psi on the 20.53 mpg tank thinking about 42 psi or should I go 48 or 50.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Im stock everything. Iget about 13mpg reguardless of how I drive it. Ive changes ever filter and I never gets better. O well what can you do.

·
Registered
146 Posts
everything stock seems to be hovering around 15.5 empty and 12 tow:mad: ing hand calc

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Much better than my 13...

·
Registered
33 Posts
The difference in MPG is amazing across the Country. I am not sure my grandfather has driven over 55 mph in the last 40 years and his truck is much like mine. He is getting about 17 empty as am I in almost the identical truck. I run a fuel additive but that is the only difference, other then he can afford a new motor and I can't.

I am curious how the 06 five speed auto has helped. 75 mph at 2200 rpm can't be helping. But, I catch traffic going up the mountain while pulling my 8000lbs 5er.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I beleive the key is straight highway driving with little or no stops. Acceleration from stops really kills the mileage fast IMHO. Also the farther up you go in RPM's means your mileage decreases pretty fast. I beleive between 55 and 65mph on a flat highway will probably get the best mileage with no stops.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I did a little test yesterday to see what my mileage is without any city driving, idling, warm-up, etc.

I netted 16.9 MPG, hand-calculated, unloaded with the cruise set at 70 MPH verified by GPS. I was using Fuel Power additive and the Predator 2.00 65 HP tune.

Considering that I'm on winter fuel, in the mountains at high elevation, and I didn't run for an entire tank, I can't really complain about that.

I've done the same test in summer and netted 19 MPG in the same situation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Shawn, just wondering what your dash speedometer gauge was reading at 2000 rpm. Mine shows about 64-65 mph at 2000 rpm. The GPS seems kinda high. Thanks Gene

2005 LLY Stock Crew Cab

1 - 20 of 27 Posts