Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are finally ready to release the 2 stage N20 kits that Ntrous Express has made for us. We are looking for some guys to give us feedback on the kit to make sure we have done our homework properly. This kit is on several trucks, but I would like to get a few kits in unbiased peoples hands before we go selling piles of them!

The kit has 2 N20 solenoids, d-6 line, 15lb bottle, 16 jets, shark nozzle, all wiring and brackets needed for install, and electronic activation switch. This switch uses Throttle voltage to turn the nitrous on based on actual voltage from the pedal. This is much easier and more accurate than the manual throttle switch. We also supply a hobbs switch to monitor boost pressure. You cvan adjust this so that even at full throttle the nitrous won't come on until you reach the desired boost level.

We also have d-6 automatic bottle heater kits that we recommend.

We are going to sell 10 of these at a special price to those that want to give some feedback so if you are interested please let me know.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
id bet even money mac gets in on it! LOL

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
chevmeister said:
id bet even money mac gets in on it! LOL
I dunno not sure if I have anymore "Johns" in my future ..... It is winter and I drive the asphalt queen part time .... Not sure if I'll be able to turn many "tricks" till spring ..... I've parted with many dead presidents "pimping" up my truck already .... There may be a better "working girl" out there for imediate "servicing" of the client tell ....

NOS is in my future but money talks and bullsh*t walks I still Wanna party !!!!!!

Mac

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have not heard you pussin out yet MACKIN......You would be a real man if your truck had some spray...hahaha.......just kidding

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Quad, let me know if ya want a northern truck on the bottle, cause i'm game. You know me, the more hps the better. Give me a shout. I'll be awaitin. Later Jeremy
Edited by: heartbeatcanada

·
Registered
570 Posts
TTT anyone get this kit on there truck..... whats the outcome??

love or hate??? I'm guessing it's gonna be a love it response

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are "at least" a couple of people in this forum that have the kit
. We will see who speaks up.

I will be the first to say that everything is great, but the instructions suck. I am working on that. I had them mostly done and a lot of pictures and they got erased from our server somehow? Its not that bad to put it on though.

Quad

·
Registered
570 Posts
Quadzilla said:
There are "at least" a couple of people in this forum that have the kit
. We will see who speaks up.

I will be the first to say that everything is great, but the instructions suck. I am working on that. I had them mostly done and a lot of pictures and they got erased from our server somehow? Its not that bad to put it on though.

Quad

Yeah it can't be any harder than a 5177 kit on a late model car.... like my SS. just wanna know how much was picked up and what jets are being used...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i dont have a quadzilla kit but my set up came from nitrous express.it didnt come with instructions at all but then again i have put on a few kits in my time.the nos should add an easy 100hp on a single shot and on a 2 stage the shy is the limit until you run out of black smoke or the truck begins to lay over a bit.as far as jets,play it safe start small like a 45-50 jet on a single and jets that add up to that on a 2 stage.now you will surely be able to go to larger jets depending on the pulse width box mods you have but this is a decent starting point.it would be my guess that the 2 stage kit will take you to about 300 hp added....

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have the kit on my truck. It works awesome, like quad said though the instructions did suck alittle. Now that i've done one i could probably do it blind folded and alot quicker.

The night i got the install finished, i put a 22jet in stage 1 and a 53jet in stage 2 and went for a tear. At that time i had bags of salt on a pallet(1000lbs) in the back of my truck. I didn't do any runs from a standing start as i didn't want the potential of the salt flying over the tailgate. Anyways i only slowed down to 30mph and then tromped on it. Wow what a kick in the rear feeliing. Got back to the shop and noticed the skid of salt slid back and was jambed against my tailgate. I have a line x spray in liner and nothing and i mean nothing has moved on me before, until that night. I could only imagine what it would have been from a stand still. Passiing cars like they're standing still is a norm if your runnin the bottle.

I did go and dyno, but didn't have great bottle pressure and came up with 130 extra hp ontop of my stack with stage 1 33jet and stage 2 73 jet. My numbers started to drop, run after run as pressure was falling. More than likely i didn't have the pressure i needed in that run as i didn't have a pressure gauge at that time. I am also changing the jet size as well, as i still had some smoke.

My bottle is full and i now have a gauge to see what the bottle pressure is at. I was hoping to dyno this week, but looks like that isn't gonna happen until mid next week.

If i had to do it over again, i wouldn't hesitate. I was one to be leary about nos, as my friends had it on there muscle cars way back when and i seen what happened when things went bad. Nos on a diesel isn't as dangerous as gas application, but care still needs to be taken.

I can't wait till April when the tracks open back up, and i can terrorize some of the local ricers

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
This might be old info, but when you spray the bottle gets cold and drops pressure. When I sprayed my Camaro, I would run a bottle heater to keep the pressure up.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have the bottle heater. We just screwed around too much that week and on the way to the dyno with the bottle on, and thought we had more left. I have a gauge now, so i can tell where we're at with pressure, knowing how much we have left, roughly.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Who pays for the engine if it goes KABOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Gonna play, gonna pay.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you play it smart you shouldn't blow one up. I for one do not condone cramming anything that might burn down the intake. If you get this far and you break something you should be prepared to write a check to fix it.

Quad

1 - 19 of 19 Posts