Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was underneth my truck fixing a front driveshaft UV joint today and I noticed what looked to be a 2nd Lift pump. I have 2 tanks, does that mean I have 2 lift pumps?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
IIRC GM used the same pump model for the lift pump and for the transfer pump on vehicles with dual tanks. Is your second pump near the rearmost tank?

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
The second pump is your fuel transfer pump. It pumps fuel from the rear tank to the front tank and it is the same type of pump as the lift pump. Should be frame mounted on the driver's side between the front and rear tanks.

·
Banned
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idle_Chatter;1602377; said:
The second pump is your fuel transfer pump. It pumps fuel from the rear tank to the front tank and it is the same type of pump as the lift pump. Should be frame mounted on the driver's side between the front and rear tanks.
problem is the only pump i hear running is the rear (pump transfer tank) I will varify this tomorrow, but I defanately do NOT hear 2 pumps clicking away, yet I have full fuel pressure out of t-valve, so I will double check this tomorrow. Are they the exact same pump?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts