Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep setting P0234B (Over Boost)& P0101B(Poor MAF Performance) codes when using any setting of my TST PowerMax on my `01. Sets usually under load or high speed, and at least once a day I will feel the power loss that, I assume, is the cause of these codes, but the codes only set about every third or fourth time. Is it a TST PowerMax Issue, am I running out of fuel, or maybe a bad MAF?

I hooked it up to a MAC Tools scanner to read the codes and viewed the data stream to see if the MAF sensor was going crazy, but looked to produce smooth curve from idle to WOT in the parking lot. Anyone got any ideas?

New sending unit in tank 300 miles ago, new fuel filter 200 miles ago, K&N filter (clean) in stock box (stock box has 1, 4" hole drilled in it behind headlight) Edited by: Diesels Forever

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
You should visit your dealer insure you have all the current software upgrades done to your ECM ....

There are software corrections for your problems IF they haven't been done ...

This would be my first choice of corrective actions ...

Mac

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Codes never set without chip. It was in the shop about last november to get an injector replaced and was "flashed" then. Are there any new updates since then?

I am currently running my Edge Juice off of the `03 on it to see if it throws codes. Just put it on last night, beat the tar out of it on the way to work this morning with no problems, but I'm going to run it for a few days to be sure. I've got to haul a 14,000 lb tractor this weekend, that would definatly screw with it under my usual setup.

Do MAF's ever act sparaticly? It just seems like some days it's not bad and some it's unbearable. I took the intake tube off the airbox and looked to see if there was any lint or dust on the MAF element but it was clean as a whistle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts