Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every day I drive by the diesel goes up .05 cents. Its 12 cents more then reg now.

Man this is BS!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
are you serious....thats crap, if theres one thing i would critiize G.W on, itd be wheres the relief in pumps as a result of the iraq conflict....then here we got the ny folk adding ethanol into the gas, which is gonna reek havoc next winter w/the snowmobiles....either way i guess ill stop complaing bout my 1.75 for 87..compared to your 2.17 for diesel....-Adam p.s-thats the first time ive ever seen diesel more expensive than gas to...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Out here diesel is $1.97, but regular is $2.05 or so.

According to the Saudi's there is no oil shortage, it's a US oil refinery/EPA emissions issue. And Shell's Bakersfield refinery shutdown doesn't help matters.

·
Registered
994 Posts
When I filled my truck up three weeks ago it was $1.90. Last weekend, I paid about $2.20. Drove by the station today and it was $2.29. Your right, diesel is priced above 87 octane unleaded, about the same price as 89 octane unleaded.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Polarbear said:
are you serious....thats crap, if theres one thing i would critiize G.W on, itd be wheres the relief in pumps as a result of the iraq conflict....

I've been wondering the same thing. Iraq is supposed to be the 2nd largest oil depository, one would assume it would only be a matter of time, but the government needs to be careful about touting those benefits.

·
Registered
46 Posts
In Vegas diesel is 1.85 per gallon where I fill up. Way cheaper than 87. Hope it doesn't change..............

·
Registered
91 Posts
The prices here are, diesels running 2.40 a gallon ( for the last `10 months) reg no-lead 3.00 up .20 in the last week

sorry forgot to convert 2.40 = 1.83, and 3.00 = 2.29 usEdited by: durabluecrew

·
Registered
812 Posts
Our roads may be crappy in Missouri due to the lack of high gas taxes, but diesel is selling for $1.48 at the FlyingJ near my house. Just set aside more money for camping trips after seeing the prices away from my area.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yep, here in vegas I fuel up at $1.87 a gallon, just went up from $1.77 a gallon. Catty corner is $2.03 a gallon. I have watched it go up about 3 times when the place where I fill up stays the same. Guess they don't sell much d2 over there.

As the matter of fact I have fueled up next to people from 30ish miles away every time I go to those pumps, seems it the cheapest in the valley.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I hear ya ......
Today alone at noon at the local Citgo price of fuel $1.49 ..... When I drove home 3 HRs later $1.69 ...... Up .20 cents a gallon .....

Nice ......

Mac

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dsl runnin between $1.69 and $1.89 here in Colorado Springs. But what really chaps my hide is, deisel is the lowest grade of fuel and the most plentifull! So why does it cost as much or than 87octane??? Bunch of BS I guess. Just my $.02

·
Registered
939 Posts
I guess I don't understand why (besides greed) there is such a large price spread on #2 diesel, it is not like they add any anti pollution crap to it like gas. I watched my Shell station go from $1.45 to $1.65 to $1.55 and now $1.59. Yet on the West Coast it is over $.50 more, WHY?? Funny thing, went a different way home yesterday and hapen to pass a Shell station with premium diesel near my work.... $1.45, just doesn't make any sense outside of greed why the huge price spread. With the oil companies posting record profits, I have a hard time believing they aren't doing a bit of price gouging...

Bob

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Anouther reason why Taxes

It is tax season ..... .55 cents a gallon in CT ....

The top five states where the tax burden as a percent of income is the highest are: Maine (12.2%), New York (12.0%), Minnesota (11.0%), Rhode Island (11.0%), and Connecticut (10.9%). The United States average is 9.7%. The District of Columbia is 12.9%.

The five states with the lowest tax burden as a percent of income are: Alaska (5.5%) 50th, New Hampshire (6.6%) 49th, Delaware (7.3%) 48th, Tennessee (7.7%) 47th, and Texas (8.3%) 46th.

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just checked Love's Travel Stops home page and their diesel price at exit 201 on I75 is $1.429 plus I get a penny discount with Good Sam card.

Here in town, best price I've found is BP (NOT Supreme) at $1.559.

I wanna leave politics out of this, but something somewhwere is rotten. You guys on the West side are getting ripped off big time for sure, but ain't none of us getting anything to be happy about!!!!!!

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
I filled up last Friday at my local Exon station ( 1.95). Since then i have watched it climb every day. This morning on the way to work the station left out the center number in the price ( 2. 9)
Woner what that mans?

mike

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just this morning I saw an Arco by my house that bumped it to 2.29. This is way out of control.

Bill

·
Banned
394 Posts
THATS WHY I RUN RED 128 A GALLON !!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 130 Posts