Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the smack down on a CTD today on the highway! I was cruising down the interstate and I came up on a CTD with the dual 4 or 5" stacks in the bed . I bumped up the edge to level 3 and gave him a good pipe roost as I went by. Then I slowed up to see if he wanted to play! To my surprise that Coal burner came easing up next to me!! Silly boy! We looked at each other and laughed then hammered them. I left that coal burner like he hit the brakes!!!
One thing I hate is the darn speed limiter this truck! God thing I was 10 truck in front when I hit the limiter. He had already given up by then! heheheh:grd:

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
If you didn't have a speed limiter, you'd need a parachute.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
yeah.....Ford hunting....):h

·
Registered
267 Posts
On the interstate that would be pretty good. Was he rollin the coal as well? 10 truck lengths is pretty good from 50,60 mph to 100. No offense but maybe he wasn't trying all that hard. With just my Van Aaken box there is no way my friends Dmax would put 10 lengths on me from a 50,60 mph roll by the time he hit a hundy.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
On the interstate that would be pretty good. Was he rollin the coal as well? 10 truck lengths is pretty good from 50,60 mph to 100. No offense but maybe he wasn't trying all that hard. With just my Van Aaken box there is no way my friends Dmax would put 10 lengths on me from a 50,60 mph roll by the time he hit a hundy.
10 trucks is quite a lot.

Remember, "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear!" :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got to back the CTD. 10 truck lengths........... Even if he was stock that wouldn't have happened.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
He said the guy had given up already.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Watch out for the mighty Cummins!One could put 10 lengths on you!!:eek:

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
My question is why do you have the limiter on? About a 100 reasonable tuners out there that will fix that little problem. Pleny of used ones for sale too. The dam* things just starting to run good at 100.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Watch out for the mighty Cummins!One could put 10 lengths on you!!:eek:

I'm sure one will. I dont race my truck so I'll never find out. I kinda was refering to the countless # of broken down Chrysler products along the interstates, leaking oil, electrical systems burning up, brakes on fire, with busted trannys. Need I go on?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.