Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yall!! I am new to the diesel world and I hope to get to know real good. I just purchase my Chevy 2500 HD D/A last week. Man, that truck gots some power!:driver:. I have to watch my speed when I driving around town. I have also tried out the 4x4 and was doing pretty good until I ran into some standing water. Then the truck sank, mud was flying, boys were laughing, the boys had a great time. Ended up getting a wrecker to pull me out and the boys loved that even more and wanted me to get stuck again. I told the boys the next time that we do this I will have better tires. The standard on/off road tires from the dealer just don't cut it. So far the family and I have been pretty happy with it. I just hope that the MPG gets better. So far I am averaging 13.5 around town, not towing anything. Is there anything I can do to receive better MPG?

·
Registered
270 Posts
The D/A combo is a heavy engine/transmission combo. It tends to make these trucks pretty frontheavy. This can really be a chore if your front wheels sink in the mud. The rears can be on dry ground and not pull it out. Luckily I had a friend with me that was able to pull me out. :)

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
:welcome2: and congrats on the new truck. If you will put your signiture on we will all know what you are driving incase you have questions concerning your truck. You will definately enjoy this site. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mileage will depend heavily on your right foot. I can get 16 mpg in mostly stop and go traffic in SoCal. You would be surprised how much a heavy right foot will kill your mileage.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
:welcome: from Florida.
Good to have you in the brother (and sister)hood. When you get a chance, create a signature and list your truck options and any modifications so users can help you better.
I have also tried out the 4x4 and was doing pretty good until I ran into some standing water. Then the truck sank, mud was flying, boys were laughing, the boys had a great time. Ended up getting a wrecker to pull me out and the boys loved that even more and wanted me to get stuck again.
Remember, 2 wheel drive until you get stuck, then 4 Lo.
I just hope that the MPG gets better. So far I am averaging 13.5 around town, not towing anything. Is there anything I can do to receive better MPG?
Walk? ):h

1 - 5 of 5 Posts