Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a code that comes up and a dead miss in the number 7 cylinder during hard accelleration. It will not let my truck shift into over drive and the light constantly stays on and flashes at me. I am wondering what it could be so far I have changed the plug wire and coil pack. Any suggestions I have heard a leaking intake gasket? Thanks

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,141 Posts
Could be the injector or the connection going to the injector.

Leaking intake gaskets will give you more of a wierd running condition, not so much a solid misfire. BTW, when the check engine light flashes at you, that means to get off the gas or shut off the vehicle if you can. It is concidered a catalist damaging misfire.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
plugged injector for some reason it usually is #7.. injector balance test would tell for sure but you could unbolt and pull the injector out and look in the end might be full of rust. been replacing a lot of fuel lines lately rusting inside.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Also make sure the coil is firing properly, may be loss of signal on the driver wire or the power is losing connection at the splice. Most likely an injector though as mentioned above.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help I am going to put it in the shop soon to see what is up. I really dont want then to fix it because it would \cost so much more but I would liket htem to trouble shoot it because I have had no luck. THanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.