Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Have you checked your ignition switch? I know on the pickups, sometimes when they go bad, they can stall the vehicle....

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Its possible its harness, although this PMD is for sure bad, so returning and trying another....

Anyway, this is a list of everything they did to the engine over the years, its pretty interesting they didnt relocate the pmd earlier!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BweKKQm37zU9OVNxUUVOV1hCeDA/edit?usp=docslist_api
Very seldom do "govt agencies" modify things.....that creates liability. Especially if it's a school district. Also, depends on who they actually have servicing their fuel system. If I recall, the fuel systems had a 10 year warranty...unless a school bus is "commercial" and was different. But if it was under 'warranty' until 2009, I'm sure they wouldn't touch it....

The 94 pickup I have, it was OEM when I got it in Dec 2012. Over it's life (according to records), it had a few PMDs, 1 or 2 IPs, a few OPS's, but the PMD was never relocated....why....most of the fuel system work (if not all) was sent to the dealer!!!! :eek::bawl:

Your bus, it looks like they did all in house....well, maybe. I'm surprised it had an engine at 90K.... and then what looked like at least two IP's and two (if not three) PMDs over the life of the vehicle, I just skimmed the list.... It had oil cooler lines done....then a bit later, a whole engine. I wonder what prompted that.....

Reactions: mentalbreakdown
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.