Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used 1998 6.5T out of a 3500 cab/chassis truck.
The truck was wrecked and parted out. I was told the engine ran great. The cab was gone so I could not get the vin #.
I want to put this engine in a 1994 2500 pickup.
I am concerned that there might be differences in the wiring.
Before I install the 98 engine. I am installing head and main stud and a new crank balancer. A relay off of the oil pressure sensor.
Front and rear main seals.
Do anyone suggest any else I should do, while the engine is out?
Really looking for issues I might run into by putting newer engine in this truck. I know the 94 was the first year for the DB4, and changes were made over the years.
Thanks,

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
All you need to do is take all the parts off of your engine and install them on the newer engine. Wiring will then work
Also if you plan on using the newer engines Injection Pump make sure the numbers are the same between new and older IP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All you need to do is take all the parts off of your engine and install them on the newer engine. Wiring will then work
Also if you plan on using the newer engines Injection Pump make sure the numbers are the same between new and older IP.
Thanks,

What about the obd plug?
Are these the same or different?
Will it mater?

·
Administrator
22,306 Posts
Thanks,

What about the obd plug?
Are these the same or different?
Will it mater?
OBD plug will not matter if you switch out the parts on the engine as you'll be putting the parts from your old engine onto the newer one to make it compatible

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,124 Posts
The 98 engine will fit into the 94 truck no problem.The engines are virtually identical.The 94 3500 series 1 ton had the oddball injection pump so the pump on the 98 engine can be left as is without removal.I realize yours is a 94 2500 series so you should not need to swap injection pumps.Only the 3500 in 94 had the different pump.

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 5 of 5 Posts