Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is an Aerolite Thor or Dutchman - one of them was bought out by the other.
Fiberglass exterior Pull camper Model M-826RQS
Sway bar & hitch included. Excellent condition. Pulls great. I bought it from an elderly couple last fall along with a 1998 Suburban. The awning has never been unrolled. The most use the camper has ever seen was when I stayed in it while working out of town for 5 weeks starting the week after I bought it. It's our first camper. Previously we had a 34' 1977 Dodge motor home. We decided we like a motor home better. It's hard to pull the boat with the camper.
It has 2 minor problems at the moment. The tub/shower faucet needs to be replaced. It was like that when I bought it. I liked the campground shower better - a little more room to move & never remembered to fix it.
There is a mark on the side of the fridge where the previous owners duct taped it shut while driving. The fridge does not have a key lock. It's gas/electric.
The outside could use a good detailing & the inside needs minor cleaning.
Everything works great. It has a nice combo microwave convection oven & a 4 burner cooktop.
I replaced the factory trailer jack with a Bulldog. The factory jack shear pin broke as I was unhooking at the campground. About a week earlier the same thing had happened to a friend with the same brand of jack on his 30' trailer. Both of us were lucky that it happened as we were raising off the ball. I also installed a heavier duty 2" ball coupling when I installed the jack.
It has 4 corner scissors style levelers, 2 batteries, a rear ladder, wheel chocks and the screen room option with a piece of green IO carpeting that I'm guessing is for the floor. I never got it out of the box.
It has 2 twin beds in the back & fold out couch in the front. They said it would sleep 6, but we could only see places for 4 people - two on the couch & one in each bed. The air & furnace work great. It has a spare tire & 2ea 40# standard camper size propane tanks.
It needs the wheel bearings packed as I pulled it home to Illinois from Pennsylvania & then put on an additional 600 miles after that.
It had a 77% owner approval rating at one site I went to.
You can check price at NADA. $6,435 low retail, $7,785 average retail
The link below takes you to a 98 aerolite that is very similar to ours.
http://adcache.rvtraderonline.com/3/1/3/81256813.htm
If anybody is interested I will send pics.
trade items welcome, boats, atvs, guns, gauges, diesel motor home, 20-30 hp water cooled dsl engine, enclosed or flatbed trailer, 60" deck zero turn mower, about anything - will trade up or down for the right item

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have a heavy duty 16' 2 axel trailer for sale. 2 5/16 ball or pintle. Will carry a small backhoe $1200.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status